Given the importance of trade digitalization, Morocco created a platform named PORTNET. PORTNET is a window information system which connects different actors, such as Shipping Agents, Customs Administration, Inspection bodies, private operators, banks, insurance brokers, and freight forwarders. The underlining idea behind the creation of PORTNET is to facilitate imports and exports. The ACSRHS project aims at surveying users with the aim to come up with workable recommendations to improve user experience and reduce associated transaction costs.
Optimization of PORTNET will directly contribute to a better user experience. While Moroccan government has been investing heavily to facilitate trade, smaller investments in a more efficient IT system are still needed. An optimization of PORTNET will benefit importing as well as exporting companies, both SMEs and larger companies. This means more trading opportunities for existing companies and an incentive for new ones to consider international trading opportunities.
Project Manager’s Tasks
- Gather data and benchmark international experiences as regards trade digitalization
- Contact Portnet users
- Design questionnaire surveys
- Ensure follow-up
- Analyze the results of the surveys.
- Degree from a business or engineering school
- Good command of statistical tools and softwares
- Relevant experience
- Good command of French, English is a plus.
Location and duration
- The Project manager will be based at the offices of the ACSRHS in Rabat and will be hired on a contract on the basis of 20 hours of work weekly.
To apply, please address your CV in French to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.