If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job
Under the supervision of the Supply & Procurement Officer, the Temporary Supply Associate provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Officer, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply Officer.
- Corresponds with programme Sections and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Prepares Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements
- Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Conduct market research for new products and new supplier source as well as updating new product technology
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary school education is required supplemented by University degree in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Fluency in French and English is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following instructions and procedures
Duration: Contract of 364 days
Position based in the office of UNICEF Morocco in Rabat, with possible trips within the country
Salary is fixed according to the grid of the national staff of the United Nations System in Morocco (grade GS6).
Candidate can apply online through
before the 13 May 2018
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.