Location : Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region
Position : Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood
Deadline for applications: August 31st 2019
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance, and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities, in Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood will be responsible for providing technical leadership to design activities aimed at enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region. The Technical Advisor Business and Livelihood will provide technical leadership and programmatic management of programs focused on economic development including: agriculture and rural development, ecotourism development, and enterprise development to support the enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The Technical Advisor Local Governance will:
- Provide technical leadership in economic development and livelihoods with expertise including but not limited to one or more of the following: livelihoods support, household economics, social safety nets, asset protection; household food access; household and community resilience; poverty reduction; skills training and access to credit for vulnerable populations, rural economic development, ecotourism development, agricultural development, agribusiness, or value chain development;
- Provide technical guidance in design, development, planning, implementation, and capacity-building of activities to enhance of business and livelihood opportunities; and
- Ensure FHI 360 programs with economic development and livelihoods components utilize evidence driven industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required in rural development, economics, agriculture, finance or another related field;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in agribusiness development, ecotourism, economic strengthening and livelihoods development or related field as outlined above, 10+ years desired;
- Experience in program design, program quality and performance assessment;
- Experience with ICT4D desirable (mobile technology, market information, etc.);
- Youth entrepreneurship and value chain development experience highly desired;
- Experience with participatory techniques and adult learning methods and training facilitation;
- Experience with capacity strengthening for staff and partners;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations required; and
- Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required.
To apply, please go to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Morocco-Any/Technical-Advisor-Business-and-Livelihood—Morocco-Inclusive-Socio-Economic-Development_Requisition-2019201163