SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. In the International office of MENA Region we support all the activities of the nine national associations, ensuring that they operate in accordance with established principles and standards. In order to further satisfy this responsibility, we are seeking a committed
Emergency response advisor (f/m) for the region of Middle East and north africa
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of renewal)
Start date: February 1st 2016
He/she will play a key role in the coordination of the Emergency Response Programmes currently planned or underway in two SOS Children’s Villages Member Association countries in the MENA region – Jordan and the State of Palestine – as well as assisting in the development of emergency and disaster preparedness strategies for other Member Associations in the region. He/she reports to the Regional Emergency Response Head of Department and assists in responding to all emergency-related issues in the region. The position involves planning, monitoring implementation, evaluation and coordination of Emergency Programmes in the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Coordination and Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support on the development of programme concepts, proposal, budgets and other programme related documents;
- Implement Project Management mechanisms and tools to ensure programme schedule, KPIs and objectives are met;
- Direct support to Member Associations through field missions to ensure optimal implementation and monitoring of activities;
- Support the Head of Department, other regional Advisors and the SOS CVI Global Emergency Response team in the design and follow-up of monitoring and evaluation tools and processes;
- Is accountable for monitoring the timely and complete accomplishment of Emergency Program reports and situation reports by country teams in Member Associations;
- Ensures budgets are in line with planned activities and the timeframe and correspond to the needs in the field;
- Puts in place mechanisms for the monitoring of project budgets;
- Provides support to Member Associations in the recruitment phase of ER projects;
- Provides support in carrying out needs and rapid assessments;
- Provides support for in field security management
- Minimum 2 years of field experience in emergency settings. Conflict zones desirable. Experience of the MENA region a definite advantage.
- University diploma preferably in social sciences
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience including project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting with an NGO or UN agency.
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of humanitarian standards and principles
- An understanding of technical aspects and different sectors of Emergency Program activities.
- Willingness and ability for international travel in emergency countries within the region at short notice.
- Experience in Child Protection and refugee assistance a strong asset.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office with high level in the use of Power Point and Excel.
- Good communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party
- Must have excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in Arabic essential. French a definite asset.
- The opportunity to shape a new position within a global established organisation
- Diverse and challenging tasks in an in international working environment
- Opportunities for further training
|If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements and your CV, in English, together with your salary expectations by 13th February 2016 at the latest to HR.MENA@sos-kd.org , SOS Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org