Job Title Social Media Assistant
Unit / Department English Language Department
Reports to: Director of Programs
Location: AMIDEAST- Morocco Rabat Office
To interact with targeted virtual communities and network users to achieve superior customer engagement, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of social media. The position is full time and includes regular office hours to be determined in consultation with the Director of Programs. Some of the 40 hours per week may be fulfilled outside of the office and irregular office hours in an effort to be responsive to Facebook queries during the weekends.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
- Develop and write digital content for Facebook and Instagram;
- Maintain Facebook, Instagram and Google+ accounts, ensuring accurate information and steady engagement
- Using design software when appropriate, develop and write digital content for Facebook and Instagram.
- Make recommendations for, plan, and execute strategic promotional campaigns utilizing social media (e.g., Facebook post boosting)”;
- Promptly provide personalized responses to comments and answers to questions on AMIDEAST’s Facebook page;
- Identify opportunities and innovative ideas for applying new technologies, digital products and services to online campaigns;
- Identify opportunities for AMIDEAST to sponsor projects and events that are likely to increase AMIDEAST’s visibility and are relevant to AMIDEAST’s mission, goals and values
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and act on the information;
- Maintain accurate, useful information on the AMIDEAST website including developing content and updating project pages in collaboration with relevant departments;
- Collaborate with other departments (CSRs, Education, Testing etc) to manage their announcements and postings;
- Attend special events, such as grant program activities, to take photographs and videos and develop content;
- Edit photography and short videos for website content.
- Develop and maintain a database of photos and videos for promotional purposes
- Produce a monthly report incorporating data about postings and reactions from the public, as well as tracking conversion rates that show new business as a direct result of the social media postings.
- Undergraduate degree (license) in marketing, communication or journalism.
- Strong knowledge of, and use of Facebook and other social media
- Good knowledge of social media engagement
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics
- Good writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of online marketing
- Understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Strong writing skills in Arabic, French & English
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and other graphics design software such as Photoshop
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to HRMorocco@amideast.org