Job Title: Senior Statistician
Job ID: 10623
American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a U.S. based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in
collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to
ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education, improve the quality and relevance of education, and empower
individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking a Senior Statistician to work on two evaluations under one mechanism: 1) A performance evaluation of the
Reading for Success (RFS) project; and 2) A midterm performance evaluation of the activity “National Reading Program” (RFSNRP).
Working closely with the Evaluation Team Lead and Principal Investigator, the Senior Statistician will provide technical guidance on the quantitative components of the evaluations, as necessary and relevant, including on: the quantitative components of the evaluation (and sampling frameworks), analysis of quantitative data and associated the cost analyses, and the reporting through reports, publications, journal articles, conference presentations, and social media.
Eligibility: Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Economics, Statistics, or educational measurement
• 3-5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with experience in international settings required
• Strong background and training in quantitative research methodologies
• Demonstrated technical competency in designing and implementing primary data collection and analysis
• Strong analytical skills required
• Experience in engaging program staff in interpreting and learning from findings is desirable
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple evaluations simultaneously, working well under tight time constraints and meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality
• Candidates speaking Arabic in addition to English preferred
American Institutes for Research is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Apply: Use this link: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/10623/senior-statistician/job
Or visit AIR’s Careers Page and search for job opening 10623