Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact seeks a Senior Reading and Language Specialist to participate in a Landscape Assessment for Multilingual Instruction of Morocco. The key objective of this assessment is to evaluate the potential for USAID support to the Government of Morocco (GOM) for introducing English language instruction in upper primary schools and English as the language of instruction into secondary schools. The Senior Reading and Language Specialist will be a member on a 5-person team conducting qualitative fieldwork, likely consisting of interviews and focus groups with Ministry officials, teachers, students, parents, community members, and other knowledgeable experts and stakeholders.
This position is currently estimated to begin in March and conclude in September. The Senior Reading and Language Specialist will conduct five weeks of fieldwork in Morocco, expected in late April-May. Fieldwork will involve interviews in Rabat as well as throughout the country. The expected level of effort (LOE) for this position is 50 days.
The Senior Reading and Language Specialist will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Team Leader in the technical design and implementation of the LAMI, making sure that the study is adapted to local context and recommendations are tailored to the local system
- Leading a sub-team of qualitative data collection, accompanied by a local specialist
- Leading translation of presentations into Arabic and French
- Contributing to data analysis and the development of findings, conclusions and programming scenarios
- Presenting the findings and programmatic scenarios to wide groups of stakeholders in Morocco
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience, including experience in the education sector in Morocco
- Prior experience in multilingual reading and speaking instruction
- Prior experience conducting qualitative interviews and data analysis
- Professional Proficiency in Moroccan and Modern Standard Arabic, French, and English
- Advanced degree required
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=1954