Chemonics International seeks a senior monitoring & evaluation (M&E) specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Reading For Success—Small Scale Experimentation project in Morocco. This early grade reading project will test the effectiveness of supplemental Arabic reading lessons and activities that aim to improve reading skills in the early grades. The program will work in partnership with the Ministry of Education to test the effectiveness of supplemental reading lessons and test how summer reading enrichment programs may reduce learning loss between school years. This project is scheduled to begin in the late summer of 2015, and the project will last 30 months. The M&E Specialist will be based in Rabat. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Develop, assess, and evaluate baseline studies, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, and performance and impact evaluations related to improving reading at the primary grade level
- Expert knowledge on monitoring and evaluation of international donor funded programs, with experience on education and reading programs preferred
- At least six years of direct work experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Knowledge of education sector in Morocco
- Strong report writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and Arabic; English skills preferred but not required
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to MoroccoRead@chemonics.com by Saturday, June 27, 2015. Please indicate Morocco Reading – Senior Monitoring & Evaluation to which you are applying in the subject line. CVs are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.