The NGO Dar Si Hmad for Development, Education and Culture is currently recruiting two qualified candidates for an upcoming program based in Agadir, Morocco and funded through the U.S. Department of State, Office of the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI). This program is designed to inspire and train local university and vocational school students to equip themselves to be effective employees and entrepreneurs. Hirees will work in a fast-paced non-profit environment that will require patience and professionalism.
About the organization:
Dar Si Hmad for Development, Education and Culture is a Moroccan non-profit organization based in Sidi Ifni and Agadir whose mission is to promote local culture and create sustainable initiatives through education and the integration and use of scientific ingenuity with the communities of Southwest Morocco. Dar Si Hmad services local communities with numerous cultural, educational, and environmental projects. Among other things, the organization facilitates access to clean water to landlocked rural villages of southern Morocco, educates rural children about water and sustainable development, supports women-led argan and cacti cooperatives, and empowers youth to participate in the development of their communities.
Dar Si Hmad’s cornerstone project uses pioneering technology to harvest water from fog and deliver it to rural Berber communities previously without access to potable water. In symbiosis with this project, Dar Si Hmad coordinates an annual summer water school to teach children from beneficiary communities about sustainable water practices and the natural environment. A parallel program for older beneficiary youth, now the first generation from their community to leave the villages to continue their education, provides educational support services for first-generation high school students, specifically young women, from the region via an innovative e-learning platform.
RISE & THRIVE Project Coordinators (2):
RISE and THRIVE Project Coordinators will collaborate with a strong team to manage the planning, communication, advertising, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of an educational project targeting university and vocational students in Agadir. Project Coordinators will be responsible for:
- Building and developing a database of workshop trainers and professional speakers on pre-selected topics around the themes of professionalism, job skills, and entrepreneurship;
- Liaising with trainers and speakers to establish a program schedule that reflects pre-set scheduling obligations;
- Advertising and documenting RISE and THRIVE program workshops and events digitally and in print;
- Coordinating interviews with at least 200 RISE and THRIVE applicants, and administering the selection process of 40 RISE participants and 100 THRIVE participants based on a clear rubric;
- Maintaining and updating a database of participants and trainers/speakers;
- Ensuring regular and professional communication with RISE and THRIVE participants and trainers, speakers, administrators and other relevant stakeholders;
- Reporting regularly to the director, communication manager, partners, and funding agency;
- Supervising routine surveys and assessments of program participants;
- Visiting and establishing contact with local institutions and organizations throughout the period of the project;
- Completing tasks related to other programs as needed.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in project management, education, non-profit organization, business or communications (not including school-related internships);
- A Master’s degree in Management, Entrepreneurship, Development, Communication, Education or related fields;
- Conversational fluency in Darija, Modern Standard Arabic, French and English (knowledge of Tashelheet considered a plus);
- Excellent professional communication in at least two of the languages listed above;
- Experience utilizing in-person and online resources to help train and motivate young adults to succeed in their chosen careers;
- Background in leading and inspiring university and vocational school students, and the ability to lead small peer-group learning sessions for female university and vocational students;
- Interest and/or experience in civic engagement, employment skills and entrepreneurship;
- Training in business skills, leadership and basic accounting;
- The ability to travel within Morocco as needed;
- An open-minded, critical, creative, and engaged personality;
- Strong initiative, teamwork, and communication.
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension.
Compensation: Negotiable, depending on experience.
To apply, please send a CV and a short paragraph (in English and either French or Arabic) describing what you think are the most important job and career issues issues facing young people today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an initial interview (in person or over Skype). Finalists will be expected to come to Agadir for the final selection process.
If interested please consult the second job opening by clicking on the link below: Computer & Information Technology Coordinator Job Description