Location: Tangier – Morocco
Apply by: 28/03/2018 –
Start date: 13/03/2018
End date: August 2020
The project “Kafaat Liljamia – Development of a quality, modern, labour market driven and inclusive VET system in Morocco” is an European Union funded project managed by the British Council in partnership with the Spanish International Development Agency (AECID) through a delegation agreement for implementation. The value of the contract is €2.4 million over three years and has just completed its inception phase of six months.
In line with the 2021 National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Strategy in Morocco, the project has the overall objective to support the reform of the Moroccan VET system. It aims at improving the model of regional VET governance so that it ensures the provision of high quality VET, relevant to the needs of the local labour market, but also inclusive for all groups of society. The project is being delivered in regions, Tangier-Tetouan-El Hoceima and Oriental.
The results of its action will contribute to the following specific objectives:
- An enhanced co-ordination between stakeholders that strengthens the regional (local) system for planning, delivering and reviewing VET
- An improved access for vulnerable groups to high quality VET that is relevant to the needs of the labour market.
These specific objectives are expressed into the following Results: (1) establishment of official partnerships between stakeholders in the participating regions (2) capacity development of stakeholders (3) dissemination of good practice and experience at national level.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and with the support of another team member based in Oriental, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of all necessary activities leading to the achievement of expected results (described as Results 1, 2 and 3) in the 2 regions of the Kafaat Liljamia Project, in compliance with British Council process and contract signed with the EU.
The main duties will include:
- Act proactively to propose strategy, methodology and calendar of events to the Team Leader in order to reach objectives and milestones defined in the Head Contract and project plan.
- Act as the main point of contact for stakeholders, both public and private, mainly related to the VET sector at regional and local level and be responsible for the development of good working relationships with key stakeholders at regional level.
- Be responsible for the successful implementation of meetings, events and workshops in the two regions, international study tours and other activities as defined in the project plan with support of the members of the Project Team.
- In liaison with the Team Leader, identify the need for short term international consultants, develop terms of reference, undertake recruitment and work with technical experts to achieve the expected outcomes of consultancies.
- Provide regular feedback and updates to the Team Leader to ensure implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities, compliance with British Council systems and processes in line with stakeholders and partners visibility policies and British Council project management standards, behaviours and values.
- Participate and/or lead on external communication and visibility activities as required.
The Regional Coordinator will report to the project Team Leader and will be accountable to British Council. He she will be based in Tangier for the duration of the project. The role will require regular travel to Oriental Region (monthly basis) and less frequently to Rabat or other regions.
A total of 530 working days have been allocated for this position to be delivered until the end of the project (August 2020, 29 months).
Qualifications and experience required
- Master degree in a relevant subject.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in project management
- Professional experience with international donor funded projects and familiarity with aid standards and procedures
- Significant experience in Tangier Tétouan El Hoceima or Oriental Regions
- Experience in public policy and/or public sector reform and/or private sector development
- Understanding of vocational training system and agencies responsible for TVET in Morocco, with knowledge of roles and functions of the main stakeholders.
- Analytic, strategic and problem solving skills
- Communication and influencing skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to deliver high level results in a fast-paced environment
- Team work and knowledge sharing.
- Report writing skills (narrative and financial reports, action plans, terms of references) in French
- Managing partnerships
- Use of Microsoft Office tools
- Good level of English language
- Written and spoken Arabic, Tifinagh would be an advantage
- Managing projects and events.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send your CV tailored to the above requirements to HR.MA@britishcouncil.org with the title Regional Coordinator Morocco.
If you have any queries please forward these to : HR.MA@britishcouncil.org
As the position is a Long Term Consultancy contract on a daily rate basis, please provide your desired daily fees for the duration of the contract (530 days).
Please note we can only respond to shortlisted applicants.