Our psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health specialists work on both emergencies and regular projects. The diversity of our projects calls for profiles with a wide range of skills and experience.
Our psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health specialists may have to coordinate a support programme for victims of sexual violence, provide support to people affected by armed conflict or a natural disaster, lead an aid programme for people with HIV and/or TB, and/or participate on a programme for a migrant population. MSF psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health specialists must be able to recruit and train local professionals, propose intervention strategies, supervise the national team, and adapt our work tools to the culture and context of each country. All these are key skills for this position.
- One of the following degrees:
- Degree in Psychologywith specialization in clinical psychology or Master for clinical practice / psychotherapy
- Degree in Psychiatry(Medical Degree with Psychiatry degree registered or resident in psychiatry with 6 semesters validated in psychiatry)
- Degrees of experienced psychiatric nurses and social workerswill be considered and evaluated on ad-hoc basis according to actual needs of our field programs
- At least two years’ work experience in clinical psychology in both individual and group psychotherapy (residency period including). Or 2 years of experience in psychiatry (resident in psychiatry with 6 semesters validated in psychiatry)
- Proven experience in one of the following conditions: trauma, post-traumatic stress syndrome, HIV/AIDS, TB or any other chronic disease.
- Experience in creating psycho-educational tools and/or training sessions for trainers.
- Ability to work with limited resources and in difficult conditions.
- Good level of English and/or French. Priority will be given to candidates who speak both languages.
- Minimum availability of 12 months (divided in several periods).
- Basic IT skills.
- Specific training in a related field.
- Experience as a psychologist, psychiatrist or mental health specialist with other NGOs.
- Experience and skills in managing and coordinating teams.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
What we offer:
- Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
- Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
- Basic monthly salary, indemnity level during first missions and for positions of lesser responsibility. The salary is regularly reviewed according to the length of time in the organisation and the experience acquired.
- The chance to develop professionally in an international organisation. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.
How to apply:
In order to apply, please visit this link: