A full-time, salaried position based at the Project Soar Headquarters. The Project Soar Girl Leaders Club Coordinator will average 5 days of work, for an average of 40 hours per week. The GLC coordinator reports directly to the GLC Program Manager and is accountable to the Morocco Office Director.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and girls’ empowerment, an excellent communicator, highly organized, and a true team player. The Girl Leaders Club Coordinator will represent Project Soar in Douar Laadam and the community at large, so must embody the values and mission of the organization.
- Assist in the development and rollout of the GLC to all new sites
- Act as primary contact for all clubs at all locations (current & new)
- Develop system of communication & schedule, ensuring connection with all clubs
- Assist in planning and logistics for all aspects of the training of girls
- Work to secure and purchase of all the supplies needed by clubs
- Track and Report the status of all GLCs and club members in Morocco and Uganda
- Assist with the planning of meetings, events, camps and press visits
- Complete all reports, as required by the program manager
- Collaborate with the program manager to maximize results as directed
Team Management & Admin
- Maintain accountability for all tasks assigned and projects taken on
- Ensure PS Google Calendar is up to date with all clubs Support Schedule
- Report any changes or challenges
- Utilize all online systems of choice for various aspects of PS Operations
- Maintain proper expense reporting and time sheet management
- Translate documents as requested by PS team
Project Soar HQ Site
- Assist with posting of all events and schedules at PS HQ and surrounding village
- Assist with PS HQ Registration
- Establish PS HQ’s presence as an important member of the community
- Share the PS message with family members and villager
- Support PS Field Manager in her oversight of Facilities
- Follow Security methods for keys, access and all valuable PS property
- Assist in any maintenance or technology issues, as needed
- Ensure respect is maintained for all members and spaces in the PS Community
- Participate in future Grant Applications and subsequent Management
- Assist with additional special projects, as needed
Excellent spoken and written Engllish/written Arabic helpful. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, preferred.
Salary in line with local standards
Monthly compensation, based on actual hours worked, is paid monthly, via direct deposit. The duration of this position is twelve months; a commitment is required for employment. A probationary period of 90 days will be followed by a 9-month contract, assuming satisfactory performance.
This description is not intended to be fully comprehensive, but rather an overall guideline for working. There are many areas that are not detailed here that may need to be handled by the GLC coordinator, as they arise. Above all, Project Soar is a team, and we all do what we need to do in order to deliver our mission with as much impact as possible.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter with subject line titled Girls Leaders Club Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on September 15, 2019.