Duration: One year with possibility of extension based on fund availability.
Voice of the Amazighe Women (VFA) is a non-profit, non-governmental national association and is the first Amazighe association for women’s rights in Morocco. VFA is dedicated to defending and advancing rights of women in general and the Amazighe woman in particular.
Since its founding in 2009, the Voice of the Amazighe Woman and its partners have worked to promote the implementation of the provisions of the constitution, especially the ones related to the enforcement and respect of women’s rights in general and in particular those provisions related to the Amazighe women in Morocco.
Manages, supports and takes responsibility for implementing a variety of activities associated with the coordination and delivery of a variety of projects varying in size and complexity.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, overseeing assigned projects and solving problems which arise during the implementation phase, coordinating the implementation of trainings, seminars and meetings with partner organizations and conducts appropriate follow-up after the events, maintaining close working relationships with key contacts to ensure on-going engagement in the project, overseeing the logistical preparations and needs for activity participants, meetings, and project staff, drafts activity reports and other documentation as necessary, and monitoring the activity budgets and providing proper and timely accounting of funds and expenses.
- Bachelor degree in sociology, law or relevant field, or equivalent experience and certifications;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in demonstrated experience in project management, event coordination, communication and strategic problem solving;
- Strong understanding of Moroccan governmental and political institutions;
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the project staff, government representatives, and various sectors of civil society;
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures;
- Ability to provide oral and written communication clearly in English, Arabic and French
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications, including Google applications, word processing and spread sheet programs;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Please send your applications, CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than October 25, 2019.