Consultancy Position Description
Networks of Change
Project: Promoting Best Practices in Addressing Gender-Based Violence in Morocco
About Networks: Networks of Change is a social justice and media development nonprofit organization committed to working with local civil society groups to advance open and accountable democracies and promote human rights, using traditional, social and new media. See networksofchange.net for more information.
Scope of Work: The Coordinator will be the daily representative of Networks’ activities in Morocco. S/he will liaise with our partner NGOs and consultant trainers and experts to coordinate program activities and logistics for a women’s rights grant awarded by the US Department of State, ensuring consistency with the project’s strategy, commitments and goals. This is a contract consultant position estimated at half-time (at least 20 hours per week) and located in Rabat, Morocco.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general project administrative duties, including record keeping and timeline/calendar management;
- Maintain regularly communications with and between Project Team, NGOs and external partners;
- Assist Networks Project Team in recruiting international and in-country consultants;
- Coordinate all travel logistics for trainers and participants and other components of training workshops and meetings;
- Secure translation and interpretation services;
- Arrange for and track payments to vendors; prepare internal monthly financial reports;
- Administer Monitoring & Evaluation process; maintain data collection;
- Help with preparing project documents; some possible translation of internal docs;
- Draft initial versions of quarterly project reports in English.
Key Competencies and Experience
- proven administrative skills in project management, planning and organizing;
- fluent in Arabic and/or French with excellent English skills, both verbal and written;
- excellent communication skills;
- good computer skills, using Word and Excel and social media platforms;
- excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a diverse and shifting workload;
- experience organizing training workshops and making travel arrangements a plus.
Time Commitment Required: 12 months, starting January 2019 thru December 2019. This is a part-time commitment requiring at least 20 hours a week.
Project Director located in London and/or Executive Director located in Washington, DC.
Candidates must submit:
(1) a short cover letter stating how they satisfy the Key Competencies and Experience and why they are interested in this position; and
(2) a CV highlighting relevant experience.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include: Your last name with MOROCCO COORDINATOR in Subject line of email
Closing date for applications: Friday, 23 November 2018 or until filled.
Successful candidates will be notified for interviews during the last week of November.