Job Title: Programme Advisor/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to: Director of Programme, North Africa and Middle East (MENA) Region
Salary range: According to the salary grid, and experience of candidate
SOS Children’s Villages www.sos-childrensvillages.org is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children’s rights and committed to children’s needs and concerns since 1949. In 133 countries and territories our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children’s Villages children experience reliable relationships and loving care once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also support disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families’ and communities’ resources, on their ability to organize themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
The International Office for the Region North Africa and Middle East (MENA) supports capacity building and development in member associations and in different areas of work. It leads and guides the development of programmes, strategies and policies in the Region.
Purpose of Role
As member of the Programme team, the Programme Advisor/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will help drive the on-going development of programme work within the MENA region, ensuring the best possible responses adapted to the situation of children in each community. The Programme Advisor/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will focus on two to three countries within the region but will also be responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation across the 8 countries in the region. The Programme Advisor/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will build capacity within the national teams notably related to programme planning, development, monitoring and evaluation. The Programme Advisor will participate in strategic planning processes and may represent the region in internal networks and working groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme development & Quality Management
· Leads and coordinates the implementation of the SOS Children’s Village Programme Policy in the three countries under her/his supervision providing technical expertise as well as facilitating the change processes.
· With the CVI Representative and the Director of Programme, advises national programmes staff when setting targets and defining HR requirements and quality measures during annual and strategic planning process
· Provides technical expertise to national programmes staff in programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
· Provides technical expertise in implementation of organisational and international policies, standards, and policy support documents
· Provides feedback, supports and monitors implementation of national plans and programmes in her/his area of specific expertise
· Supports Member Associations in entering into partnerships with local stakeholders and partners for effectively responding to the needs of the target group in area of their expertise.
· Monitors key indicators and provides reports on regional trends and developments in specific areas of expertise as requested by the Director of Programme, the Regional Director, etc.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Optimization of existing tools for M&E and the generation of new ones according to the need of the programmes developments
· Support of international M&E project to develop a system for monitoring, evaluation and learning
· Leading the implementation and roll-out of programme database in the region and all tasks related (workshops and trainings, coordinate further development and releases, participate in global conferences, steer the regional support network)
· Follow up on the implementation of other systems or monitoring and evaluation tools
· Closely work with Programme assessment team members and ensure the follow up of recommendations issued after the assessments
Human Resource Development
• Supports the recruitment, orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of national programmes staff to ensure a high level of expertise in line with organisational requirements
Learning and knowledge management
• Shares information within the Programme function about innovative programme approaches and supports the documentation of such approaches, good practices and lessons learnt
• Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among national programmes teams in the region and supports such processes between regions
• Under the guidance of the Director of Programmes MENA and the ICC Programmes and Strategy, keeps abreast with new programme developments and regularly exchanges with advisors in other regions
• Participates in global projects/networks as requested.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project/programme coordination and development
- Experience in capacity building in project cycle management, programme proposal development, monitoring and evaluation and related subjects
- Experience working in the MENA region
Skills & Knowledge
- Technical skills related to project cycle management including proposal writing and monitoring & evaluation.
- Social work/psycho-social work background; experience working with children would be a strong asset
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies is preferred
- Ability to make presentation and lead capacity building activities/workshops
- Leadership skills especially relating to change processes
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- A high level of Arabic and/or French are also desired.
- Master’s degree in sociology, psychology, development studies, international cooperation, or a related field is required
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: HR.MENA@sos-kd.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Programme Advisor/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist MENA” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is: 14th of April 2016. 18.00 CEST