A part-time, hourly position based near Marrakech.
Project Soar is seeking a part-time production coordinator to manage an innovative small-scale media program. This person will manage a new online TV channel, called Soar TV, hosted on YouTube. The channel will be used as a vehicle to inspire and empower females throughout the MENA region. With limited available content for young females interested in exploring areas considered to be “non-traditional,” Soar TV aims to provide cool and engaging media content targeting females between the ages of 13 and 22 years old.
Soar TV will release new content 3-5 times a week, including a weekly news roundup of relevant news affecting females in the MENA region.
Soar TV will offer news and interviews about/with:
- Arab female entrepreneurs
- Arab female athletes
- Arab female scientists
- Arab female NGO leaders
- Arab females in government
- Arab female artists/writers
- Other leading young Arab females in their respective fields
This position requires 50% work on the weekends and is estimated at 8-10 days per month. This is a paid position based from Project Soar HQ, in Douar Ladaam. Youth and females are strongly urged to apply.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and girls’ empowerment, an
excellent communicator, and highly dynamic. The Production Coordinator will represent Project Soar in Douar Laadam and the community at large, and so must embody the values and mission of the
- plan and coordinate launch of Soar TV
- plan and produce all content for Soar TV
- schedule, produce, shoot and edit all segments
- manage on-air talent
- liaise with digital marketing expert and oversee digital strategy
- post new content 3-5 per month, during pilot
- monitor engagement and report to management
- social media skills
- videography (video camera provided)
- exceptionally organized
- knowledge and experience with YouTube
- program management skills
- fluent modern standard Arabic, French + Darija
- English, preferred
- commitment to social justice and women’s rights
- schedule: Part-time, weekends and some week days
- location: Project Soar Headquarters in Douar Laadam and offsite
This description is not intended to be fully comprehensive, but rather an overall guideline for working. There may be items that are not detailed here that will need to be
handled as they arise. Above all, Project Soar is a team, and we all do what we need to do in order to deliver our mission with as much impact as possible.
Hourly compensation, based on actual hours worked, is paid monthly, via check.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before December 22, 2018.
Project Soar is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization, registered in the U.S. and in Morocco. The Project Soar Flagship Program operates out of its headquarters in Douar Ladaam, twenty minutes outside of Marrakesh. We provide Empowerment programming and Academic Support to Girls of the immediate village, as well as the surrounding villages of Chouitter and Douar Ahmed Bel Haj. After five years of successful programming, Project Soar is expanding to serve more girls in different locations around Morocco.