HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply here (https://form.jotform.com/202035157117647), submitting your CV and cover letter (in English). In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio?
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
ABOUT THE ROLE
Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have pioneered novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance.
The Morocco office is Instiglio’s newest office, where we are leading exciting engagements with ministries and donors to transform social service delivery across a range of sectors. Morocco offers an environment ripe for RBF: a strong focus on results, strong government capabilities, and interest from key players to support RBF. Our projects are an opportunity to position Morocco as a leading country in the use of RBF, generate critical learnings, and create a blueprint for improved institutional performance.
Associates in the Morocco office will join a growing, entrepreneurial team. They will gain expertise in RBF by contributing to the development of RBF instruments while playing a crucial role in the execution of our projects. They will gain a thorough understanding of design choices, independently assess tradeoffs, and make technical recommendations. Associates at Instiglio support project teams in guiding stakeholders through difficult yet important changes to their operations by translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Associates will work directly with a team composed of a project lead, project manager(s), senior associates, and analysts to deliver high-quality services.
WHERE WOULD YOU BE LOCATED? Rabat, Morocco. Some travel may be required depending on project needs.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Tasks may include:
- Describing and interpreting graphs, proposing and structuring data analyses, analyzing data and applying statistical concepts (e.g. mean, SD, regressions) to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Analyzing and understanding all the dimensions of RBF and developing technical components of RBF instruments from scratch.
- Participating in the preparation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and accessible manner.
- Contributing to clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Designing activities and tasks to achieve the most effective results for the team.
- Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
- Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in international development and/or in the public sector.
- BA degree in economics, development economics, statistics, or related fields.
- Master’s degree in economics, development economics, statistics, or related fields.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and French – C1.
- Skills: Exceptional problem-solving and structured thinking skills:
- Ability to adeptly execute complex analytical frameworks, maintaining coherence and with very little supervision from managers.
- Working proficiency of the most common analytical principals (e.g. MECE) to give structure to the analysis.
- Work experience in a consulting firm.
- Results-based financing, performance management, or monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Strong people skills and ability to work well with people from different backgrounds, build trust, and solve problems collaboratively.
- Professional working proficiency in Arabic.
- Passion and commitment to work on social issues
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Teamwork skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to the quality of work products
- Ability to synthesize technical information into simple concepts and analyze information critically
- Alignment with Instiglio’s mission
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
- Remote work: Sometimes home makes us feel and work better
- Personal days: Life is more than work, you are able to take personal days to handle minor medical, personal, academic or administrative matters
- Corporate vacations: Take a break, the last week of the year is a company-wide holiday
Bonus days: If you travel or work on a weekend, the company compensates you with an additional vacation day