Job Title: Finance Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Country Director/Morocco
Location: AMIDEAST Rabat, Morocco
The Finance Manager is a senior level position within AMIDEAST who will play a leadership role within the organization. They are responsible for supervising a team of three on site in Rabat, liaising with AMIDEAST’s Regional Finance Directorate in Cairo, as well as corresponding with AMIDEAST Washington on a regular basis. In addition, they are responsible for corresponding with office site managers and directors regarding AMIDEAST operations in Casablanca, Khouribga, Benguerir, Laayoune and Dakhla. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accounting and Finance Responsibilities:
In compliance with AMIDEAST’s accounting, finance, procedures and policies, the Finance Manager’s tasks and responsibilities are:
- Works closely with the Morocco Finance team to ensure that all financial documents, including vouchers, checks, bank reconciliations, and monthly and year-end reports are accurate and timely.
- Reviews & Post all vouchers, receipts and monthly reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervises petty cash activities including disbursements and receipt of cash, maintenance of receipts, allocation of expenses among projects, and daily bank deposits of the daily income.
- Maintains the accounting safe including daily securing of all cash, checkbooks, and outstanding receipts in the safe.
- Supervises and ensures accuracy and maintenance of inventories, including study materials, fixed assets and other inventory.
- Reviews & submits a final and complete US consultants list along with their social security numbers and total compensation during every Calendar year for submission to HQ, for the preparation of the annual tax filing.
- Maintains computerized accounting system software.
- Prepares & submits monthly cash flow projections to the Country Director.
- Establishes and maintains a reliable and timely system for check issuance and voucher payments
- Maintains computer and other financial files and records.
- Reviews and verifies work and data entry of other accountants.
- Prepares social security & taxes department payments.
- Audits reports for accuracy. Using financial software assesses data and prepares and submits accurate and timely monthly financial reports to HQ through using checklists mechanism provided by Regional Finance
- Monitors all Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables & deferred revenue.
- Supports Regional Finance in monitoring all Travel Advances and travel reports.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Support Regional Finance to provide and clarify any questions or queries.
- Interfaces with project managers to identify and rectify any errors in reports.
- Bac+ 5 in Finance / accounting, you prove an experience minimum of 5 years in a similar post.
- Have acquired a solid knowledge in law and taxation, as well as a complete mastery of IT tools applied to accounting.
- To be organized, independent, discreet, rigorous, accurate, and honest..
C- Key skills :
- Good knowledge of finance and accounting ;
- Good organizational quality for files management and schedule compliance
- Good ability to handle multiple tasks and several deadlines simultaneously;
- Autonomy, rigor and good relationship;
- Quality of analysis;
- Good knowledge of IT tools, and ERP
- Financial communication, accounting,
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques, Moroccan accounting standards and taxation
- English language proficiency (TOEIC score of 650)
Application forms, consisting of a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae, must be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com,
And apply via the Amideast website:
Strictly before 20/10/2019, mentioning in subject: NAME FIRST NAME – Finance Manager.
A follow-up will only be given to applications that meet the profile requested and the application format.
Note:This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and the incumbent will perform other reasonable professional duties in accordance with the duties assigned by his or her immediate supervisor and other supervisors, if necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to modify tasks and responsibilities as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implicit contract of employment