Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Reporting to: Director of Programme, North Africa and Middle East (MENA) Region
Salary range: According to the salary grid, and experience of candidate
SOS Children’s Villages www.sos-childrensvillages.org is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children’s rights and committed to children’s needs and concerns since 1949. In 133 countries and territories our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children’s Villages children experience reliable relationships and loving care once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also support disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families’ and communities’ resources, on their ability to organize themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
The International Office for the Region North Africa and Middle East (MENA) supports capacity building and development in member associations and in different areas of work. It leads and guides the development of programmes, strategies and policies in the Region.
Purpose of Role
As member of the Programme team, the monitoring and evaluation specialist supports the development of programmes within the region. S/He takes a leading role in the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and their implementation, also supports in the implementation of self-evaluations for working with SOS families and families of origin. S/He also takes a leading role in the development of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, tools focus on the programmes, which allow them the generation of information, analysis and the relevant knowledge for timely and efficient decision making linked to the CVPP. Moreover, s/he takes the leading role in building capacities in the M&E on different units or levels of the organization and also work closely with other units to strengthen the overall M&E system and to allow the M&E to focus on use and analysis of data.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Optimization of existing tools for M&E and the generation of new ones according to the need of the programmes developments (assessment tools and other M&E tools)
· Monitor performance KPIs for programme, e.g., as defined in Change Matrix and perform assessments
· Closely work with Programme assessment team members and ensure the follow up of recommendations issued after the assessments
· Support of international M&E project to develop a system for monitoring, evaluation and learning
· Leading the implementation and roll-out of programme database in the region and all tasks related (workshops and trainings, coordinate further development and releases, participate in
· global conferences, steer the regional support network)
· Follow up on the implementation of other systems or monitoring and evaluation tools
· Guide the process for identifying and designing key indicators, key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and evaluating projects
· Ensure transparency on programme planning by tracking programme plans/proposals in database (e.g., Lucy) and review alignment of programme planning with strategy
· Support the further development, roll-out and operation of global systems/database applications in line with SOS standards for software development
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in project/programme coordination and development
- Experience in capacity building in project cycle management, programme proposal development, monitoring and evaluation and related subjects
- Experience working in the MENA region
Skills & Knowledge
- Technical skills related to project cycle management including proposal writing and monitoring & evaluation.
- Social work/psycho-social work background; experience working with children would be a strong asset; interest and compassion for children
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience using an array of statistical, analytical, database and other standard software (e.g.: SPSS, STATA, Minitab, STATISTICA, SAS, R, MS Excel, etc)
- Ability to make presentation and lead capacity building activities/workshops
- Leadership skills especially relating to change processes
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- Strong listening skills
- Team player
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- A high level of Arabic and/or French are also desired.
- Master’s degree in sociology, psychology, development studies, international cooperation, or a related field is required
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: HR.MENA@sos-kd.org and with copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you mention the title of the position you are applying for in the title of the email.
SOS CVI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become part of our organization. Also, we need to keep children safe, therefore our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The deadline for applications is: 02nd August 2016