About the project
TASHAROC is a three-year project based in Tangier and is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office to support the Tangier-Tétouan-Al Hoceïma (TTAH) Regional Council (RC) in the regionalisation process through the provision of technical assistance to its regional government bodies and civil society. In the final year of the programme, the activities will focus on maximising the tools and mechanisms created and adapt them to help respond to the COVID-19 socio-economic impacts. th Office.
About the role
The Regional Council activities coordinator will coordinate the project’s support to the Regional Council (RC) and other governing bodies across the region, in line with the project work plan. S/he, with oversight from the Team Leader (TL), will be responsible for the implementation of the activities and outputs agreed with the RC, in order to strengthen its administrative functions and develop mechanisms to sustain these capacities beyond the project’s lifetime.
Working closely with team leadership and technical consultants, the post-holder will also work closely with the project’s participatory mechanisms and learning activities coordinator to support the capacity and willingness of these government institutions to engage more effectively with civil society entities in the region on development priorities, especially in the COVID-19 crisis context.
Scope of work
In leading these activities, the Regional Council Activities Coordinator will:
- With the support of the team leader and project advisor, design and deliver activities to support the RC in adapting its policies and mechanisms to the new post covid-19 context
- Planning and following of the implementation of the activities to support the RC to design and implement concreate and innovative initiatives in order to create new social and economic opportunities in the region especially for the most vulnerable population
- Planning and following of the activities related to the RC TTA membership to OGP
- Planning and following of the project activities related to the RC COVID response communication strategy
- Develop work plans to support the RC during the remaining 9 month of the project
- Design and deliver any other technical assistance to strengthen the institutional RC capacities to attenuate the impact of COVID 19 in line with TASHAROC interventions approach and the RC needs
- Serve as point of contact of the project with the RC
- Draft ToRs, support the recruitment and provide technical oversight and direction to Short Term Technical Assistance, in alignment with team leadership
- Contribute to activities under the other activities of the programme as required
- Contribute to TASHAROC reporting requirements, as directed by the TL, DTL and DAI Home Office
- Contribute to TASHAROC monitoring, evaluation and learning processes, including sharing and disseminating lessons learnt among the team
- Engage effectively and professionally with TASHAROC stakeholders to maintain commitment and buy-in to the project’s aims
- With support from Operations colleagues, follow project management practices that are in compliance with DAI and FCO contractual rules, regulations and ethical standards, and assist the team with any other tasks in support of the project’s objectives and work plan, as required
- Any other relevant tasks as directed by the DTL or the TL.
The Regional Council Activities Coordinator is a full-time position, reporting to the Team Leader.
The role will be based in Tanger, with frequent travel across the TTA region.
qualifications and competencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (such as Political Science, Public Administration or Management)
- At least 3 years’ experience of working with/in regional government institutions in Morocco, particularly Northern Morocco, with a proven track record of engaging and communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Northern Morocco, and a strong understanding of Morocco’s political and regionalisation processes more broadly
- Proven experience of delivering on socially inclusive strategies
- Strong ability in report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in politically smart programming informed by political economy analysis, is highly desirable
- Experience of contributing to donor funded programmes (UK especially), is highly desirable
- Fluency in, or strong command of, Moroccan Arabic or French (more than one preferred)
- Strong command of English (written and spoken), is essential
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Demonstrated capacity to work well with others, and cross-cultural agility, is essential.
Closing date for all applicants
July 28th,2020 AT midnight
Please send your application to TasharocProcurement@dai.com