Location : Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region
Position : Director of Finance and Administration
Deadline for applications: August 31st 2019
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance, and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities, in Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. They will manage the administrative and logistic infrastructure of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming and donor-specified compliance.
The Director of Finance and Administration will:
- Provides leadership to finance, operations, and human resources aspects of the project
- Ensures compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulation, award requirements, and host government laws;
- Conducts compliance reviews, internal audit follow-up and hands on training to ensure sound financial management;
- Oversees and coordinates financial and administrative systems;
- Issues Monthly Financial Reports, balance sheet and quarterly accrual reports;
- Supervises the Finance Assistant in maintaining a highly secure financial system that considers the in-country financial and accounting security concerns;
- Communicates/advises the Project Director on financial status of the project and funds availability for project activities;
- Assists with local procurement to ensure that donor and FHI 360 regulations are implemented;
- Provides technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Manages project procurement processes; and
- Manages a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration and procurement.
- Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a bachelor’s accounting degree with 12 years’ experience;
- 10+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
- Experience in the Middle East/North Africa region required; Morocco experience is preferred;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required;
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of $50 million dollars or larger;
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English and French;
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
To apply, please go to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Morocco-Any/Director-of-Finance-and-Administration—Morocco-Inclusive-Socio-Economic-Development_Requisition-2019201161