Location : Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region
Position : Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance
Deadline for applications: August 31st 2019
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance, and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities, in Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance will be responsible for providing technical leadership to design activities aimed at improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance will:
- Oversee, develop, and implement strategy to improve the supply and demand of sub-national participatory governance; on the supply side, provide support to increase the ability of targeted institutions to engage with citizens and enhance their ability to respond to demands and to provide quality services; on the demand side, build the capacity of elected local government and civil society to promote citizen participation, particularly for youth, women, and disabled people;
- Oversee the design, strategy development, and implementation of activities to support increased devolution and deconcentration of authority;
- Oversee the design and implementation of activities to improve access to information on government decisions;
- Develop strategies that increase participation and participatory processes that hold sub-national governments accountable for public services;
- Identify and promote enabling technologies to support social accountability; and
- Design and implement activities that strengthen relationships and cooperation among sub-national civil society organizations (CSOs) to promote information sharing and raising awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree required in international policy, economics, psychology, public administration or another related field;
- At least 8-10 years senior level experience in sub-national governance/administration, social accountability, civic engagement, access to information, or other related democracy, rights, and governance sectors;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build partnerships among diverse sets of stakeholders;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations required;
- Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required, including excellent written communication skills; and
- Experience generating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogue.
To apply, please go to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Morocco-Any/Technical-Advisor-Local-Governance—Morocco-Inclusive-Socio-Economic-Development_Requisition-2019201164