Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with the people they serve. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 18 million people reached in 2018 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our ambitious goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our representative in-country and a passionate leader within the Digital for Development movement. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will ensure that every large development organization knows about Viamo’s solutions and you will supervise the delivery of Viamo’s work on our project.
What does success look like
- Impact: We measure unique individuals who meaningfully engage with our services and we track the behaviour and frequency of these interactions.
- Revenue: We measure the value of contracts acquired in each market and we track the timely and quality implementation of these projects
- Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are passionate and committed to creating impact through mobile
- Take the lead on identification of new business opportunities, track and respond to RFPs, and design high quality budgets.
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects; this includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets and responding to RFPs.
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables.
- Kick-start and manage the 3-2-1 Service, expanding content available, developing commercial partnerships to diversify revenue.
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Morocco
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to MENA Director
- Experience of 5+ years in any combination of social enterprise in international development, INGO, Mobile Network Operator, ICT4D/ Digital for Development, digital strategy consulting, donor or international organisation or international implementer
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners, strong workshop facilitation skills and experience in design thinking approaches
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history of collaborative project development and submitting winning applications
- Measurable team management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity, and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Project management experience, including reporting and budgeting for international donors. (Experience implementing USG-funded projects desirable)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (required), Arabic (required), French (desired)
- Extensive experience working and living in Morocco
Why we love working for Viamo
Make an impact: We take part in meaningful work where millions of users access life changing information and give their voice on key issues
Learn and grow: We face complex challenges and give each other the support to learn and grow personally and professionally through these challenges.
Deliver exceptionally, work flexibly: We measure our success on results and have flexibility in how we work to achieve them
Be a part of our passionate & inspiring team: We build meaningful relationships with driven, supportive and passionate colleagues located around the world in a virtual global community