If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Associate, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Support to business partnering
- Support the business partners in developing initiatives to encourage employee well-being and employee recognition schemes
- Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner
- Support the business partners in assisting clientele in using HR systems such as talent management, agora and achieve.
- Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- Initiates the processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Prepares and circulates internal and external advertisements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications and ensuring the completion of other background checks.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
- Support in organization design and job classification
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Support in learning & capacity development
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
|· Tracks the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely distribution and enhancing the timely completion and return of appraisals.|
- General office support
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Work Experience
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience required
- Language Proficiency
Fluency in Arabic and French (written, oral, comprehension) required.
Good Knowledge of English is a strong asset.
Good knowledge of HR principles, rules, regulations and procedures within the UN
Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools as well as good knowledge and skill in using HR systems.
Ability to extract and format data and to solve operational problems
Ability to organize own work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Interpersonal and communication
Takes responsibility to respond to internal and external service needs promptly and proactively; takes initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules and regulations are met. Uses own discretion to address unforeseen situations.
Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Competencies of a Successful Candidate
- Core Values (Required)
- Care / Respect / Intergrity / Trust / Accountability
- ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ I ] • Working with People [ II ] • Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
- Planning and Organizing [I] • Analyzing [I]
- Learning and Researching [I] • Following Instructions and Procedures [I]
Candidate can apply online through
before the 26th June 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”