Job Title: Administrative and Operations Specialist
Type: Full Time
Location: AMIDEAST Rabat Office
Reports To: Director of Operations
Application forms, consisting of a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae, must be sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
And apply via the Amideast website:
Strictly before 30/06/2019, mentioning in subject: NAME FIRST NAME – Administrative and Operations Specialist.
A follow-up will only be given to applications that meet the profile requested and the application format.
Administrative and Operations Specialist works under the guidance of the Director of Operations (DO) and provides a variety of administrative, logistical and budgetary support. This job requires a great deal of multitasking, high confidentiality and excellent communication with department managers, visiting clients and vendors, and a detailed focus and follow-up on day-to-day internal operations of the AMIDEAST Rabat office. This is a cross-disciplinary position where meeting deadlines, managing situations diplomatically and effectively troubleshooting a variety of problems on a daily basis are essential.
- Coordinates facilities management with a focus on non-IT related needs, such as telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.
- Communicates closely with the IT Manager on all IT-related needs and seek necessary approvals through the CD and/or DO
- Maintains the physical upkeep of the Rabat office, security and on-going maintenance and improvements of all organizational spaces
- Works with the Facilities Assistant to determine the need for repairs or renovations to the Rabat physical plant and supervises follow-up with the assistant as necessary
- Reviews utilities consumption and consumables and devises strategies to reduce costs
- Supervises the work of the cleaning ladies, janitor, and external contractors and technicians
- Allocates and prepares office space according to needs, working with CD, DO and HR
- Manages service contracts and building leases for all AMIDEAST leased properties
- Develops and implements an efficient documentation and filing system, including providing assistance and support on office storage and document archiving adhering to AMIDEAST policy
- Monitors office supplies and ensures continuous oversight of stocks at all times (this includes office as well as computer supplies)
- Produces reports or information as requested by the DO related to administrative systems and operations.
- Designs and manages a supply requisition system and tracks consumption and cost allocation to departments/projects and staff in accordance with AMIDEAST’s established procurement policies and procedures.
- Manages Payment Requests on a daily basis and ensures timely delivery of services requested;
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations: hotel, ticketing, local & international transportation for internal needs that are NOT related to the Education Abroad Program
- Creates and maintains a vendor spreadsheet, and enters order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases and ensures proper vetting occurs
- Conducts research and analysis of potential vendors and makes offers as appropriate
- Negotiates contract terms of agreements and pricing
- Tracks orders and schedules purchases and arrivals
- Reviews the quality and appropriate quantity of purchased products;
- Participates on the quarterly, English book procurement committee
- Maintains updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepares reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Conducts meetings and periodic calls in order to remain current with pricing trends
- Reviews and places purchase orders
- Submits and reconciles expense reports.
- Works closely with the Finance department to ensure that all financial documents related to procurement, such as vouchers, checks, bank reconciliations, and monthly and year-end reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Conducts Customer Service Representative’s daily cash box reconciliations and sends cash to the bank on a daily basis
- Ensures processing of payments for vendors, partners, subcontractors, consultants and suppliers
- Handles the petty cash and serves as the Rabat petty cash custodian,
- Provides administrative support during the annual budget preparation process, and assists the DO with the development of program and FY budgets;
- Supports the Director of Operations in tracking and analyzing the annual operating budget and cash flow, as well as tracks off-site project expenditures when needed.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or other relevant administrative position where multitasking was essential;
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in Arabic, Darija and high proficiency in English
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Exemplary IT and office troubleshooting skills
- Experience in basic accounting, pay processes and budgeting skills
- High level of verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience where discretion and confidentiality were required
- Demonstrated experience with report writing and data presentation
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.