SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
FUND DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR WCNA
Location: Dakar or Casablanca
Under the leadership of the Fund Development and Communications Director, the Fund Development Advisor is responsible of support guidance and coaching to Member Associations (MAs) of SOS Children’s Villages to get the fundraising goals and objectives, increasing the levels of local funding.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with heads of fundraising in the National Associations across the region to give guidance and perform control in order to increase the capacity of local teams to get the best results in local funding
- Support and encourage the implementation of strategic objectives in the National Association in the area of fundraising
- Review the business model and KPIs, analyze the teamwork and support in identifying market and funding opportunities
- Support the process of positioning this area within the rest of the organization, encouraging reporting to the National Direction and ensuring Fundraising is prioritized in each Association,
- Support capacity building of human resources and management of knowledge
- Research, collect and systematize information on fundraising
- Provide support in the development of common products for fundraising and strategic KPIs
- Promotes and disseminates good practice and successful concepts in the MA
- Support and ensure communication and proper information management at national and regional level
- Drive in particular the development of Leadership giving (private sector and major donors) fundraising across the region
- High exposure to funding processes and institutional and/or private donors
- At least 6 years’ experience in fund development
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the West Central and North Africa region
- Hold a university degree.
- Fluent English and French
- Ability to be creative and driven.
- Fundraising skills or an understanding of fundraising
- Communications and strategic influencing skills
- Strong written skills
- Willingness to travel
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For: **
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action
If you are interested in this position, Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume in English by June, 10th, 2020 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.soschildrensvillages.org/.
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged