Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) seeks qualified candidates for the position of the Private
Sector Development and Economic Growth (PSDEG) Specialist to support an anticipated project funded
by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to promote inclusive socio-economic
development in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco.
The PSDEG specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership to design and implement
activities aimed at promoting private sector development and boosting economic growth including
entrepreneurship, micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and cooperative development,
investment promotion and business climate reform.
The PSDEG specialist will:
▪ Provide private sector development support with expertise in market linkages, access to finance
and business operations to help MSMEs and Cooperatives in the region sustainably grow;
▪ Provide technical guidance to improve the business climate environment for private-sector
operators and attract investments into the region;
▪ Provide strategic and operational support to the sector-specific approaches ( agriculture/agbusiness, eco-tourism, ..) that will be deployed by the project to improve the participation of the
region in higher value-added functions and integration into national and global value chains;
▪ Coordinate closely and frequently with all program’s implementers and regional stakeholders
including the Regional Council, the University of Beni Mellal-Khenifra, the Agropole and Civil
Society Organizations (CSOs) to implement coherent and highly-integrated activities focused on
youth, women and people with disabilities.
Place of performance:
The PSDEG must be based full-time in the region of Beni-Mellal Khenifra to work during workdays
(Monday – Friday) from our office in the city of Beni Mellal and travel within the provinces of the region
▪ Master’s degree required in, economics, finance, international development or another related
▪ Minimum of 8 years of experience in MSME development, business climate improvement, and
economic strengthening activities;
▪ Experience in program design, program quality and performance assessment;
▪ Experience with ICT4D desirable (mobile technology, market information, etc.);
▪ Youth/women entrepreneurship and value chain development experience highly desired;
▪ Experience with adult learning methods and training facilitation;
▪ Experience with capacity strengthening for staff and partners;
▪ Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations required;
▪ Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required; and:
▪ Berber speaking is advantageous.
To apply, please send your CV or Biography in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject
“PSDEG Position – BMK”.
No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2020
About FSVC: FSVC is a not-for-profit, public-private partnership whose mission is to help build the
sound financial and governance systems needed to support robust market economies in developing
countries. More information at FSVC.org