Title: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Immediate Supervisor: Country Director
Technical Supervisor: Regional IT Manager
Location: Rabat, Morocco
The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Morocco office IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of AMIDEAST. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities for AMIDEAST Morocco, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the local IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with the regional IT manager and the country director to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the country office in line with the organizational technology vision. This person will also define and implement organizational IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead the IT operations and strategic planning in all AMIDEAST Morocco offices, including planning projects, overseeing support, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with regional IT manager and stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science and three to five years related work experience. Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- Certifications in A+, MCP, or MCTS
- English: Excellent level in speaking, comprehension, and writing.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MS Windows 10, MS Windows server 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable work- related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other executives when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as needed.