The British Council is seeking a consultant to develop a Monitoring and Evaluation strategy for a TVET project in Morocco.
|Location||Home-based with occasional travel to Morocco|
|Duration||November 2017 – March 2018 (with possible extension)|
|Closing date||Monday 23 October 2017|
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The British Council is seeking a consultant to develop a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategy for the project Kafaat Liljamia, launched in August 2017 and initiated by the British Council and the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation for Development (AECID).
The project is supported by € 2.4 million of European Union funds, as part of its Program of Support for Vocational Training for the Development of Human Capital in Morocco, totalling €60 million. The project is also supported by the Department of Vocational Training (DFP) of the Ministry of Education in Morocco.
The main objective of the project is to support the development of a model that will test out approaches to the decentralisation of Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) governance with the aim of improving its focus on employer’s needs, which will in turn improve overall employability. The project will be delivered in the regions of Tangier and Oriental in Morocco and will have a particular focus on the young and marginalised.
The project has two main component parts:
- supporting coordination between local vocational training stakeholders, both public and private, to better respond to market needs, by offering local adapted vocational training solutions that will support employment
- offering grants to test out new approaches with a particular focus on youth and marginalised groups.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an expert, individual or part of an institutional team, who can perform the following activities:
- develop a theory of change and/or logframe and indicators that will measure impact
- establish an M&E plan for the project. The plan should include relevant practical procedures, tools, systems and measures and establish feasible baselines based on the set of indicators for the project results. The indicators should be aligned with the British Council’s Results and Evidence Framework (REF) and take into consideration the EU’s needs
- contribute to the M&E section for EU reporting as part of the inception report
- support capacity building by providing training to the project team (and possibly partners) on how to use the M&E tools and systems.
The assignment will be for a maximum of 15 working days and the consultant needs to be available until March 2018 to complete the above. It is envisaged that the M&E assignment could be extended further during the implementation and closure phases of the project (April 2018 – August 2020).
The appointed consultant is expected to deliver through remote management with visits to Morocco if not already based there. At least one visit to Morocco will be required during early 2018 to deliver the logframe, M&E plan and to conduct training.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- Proven experience of working with international organisations and/or government agencies on monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management or results based management
- Education Master’s degree in a field relevant to the assignment (i.e. development studies, statistics, results based management, social sciences etc.)
- Strong analytical aptitude and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of both written and spoken French.
- Knowledge and understanding of British Council aims and objectives
- Experience in education development programming
- Experience in working on TVET programming
- A track record in working in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Arabic
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- a cover letter tailored to the above requirements and presenting a brief approach of the expected methodology
- a CV
- expected fee (cost will be a consideration in appointment of a consultant).
Please send the above to email@example.com with the title ‘M&E Expert for TVET Morocco’ by 23 October 2017.
CVs will be pre-selected according to the criteria listed above. We will only contact those candidates whose profiles correspond most closely with the person specification and only within five working days of the application deadline