Position title: Marine Program Development Specialist, WWF Mediterranean – North Africa / Morocco
Hiring Organisation Living Planet Morocco, Official Partner of WWF in Morocco
Directly and technically reports to: WWF Morocco Director with a dotted line to WWF North Africa Marine Program Manager
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Contract period: CDD-One year (extensible based on results)
Stating date: As soon as possible
Summary: Living Planet Morocco /WWF Mediterranean-North Africa is looking or a motivated, competent, experienced marine program/project development specialist to develop a marine project portfolio in the context of the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative strategy. The specialist will be based in Morocco, preferably in Casablanca.
The WWF Mediterranean-North Africa /Morocco Marine Program Development specialist investigates the Morocco context to identify marine conservation priorities, current policies and programmes of Moroccan government at all levels concerning the coastal and marine environment, marine resources and Fisheries, key actors and stakeholders in the maritime sector; identifies and establish relations with potential project partners; scopes funding opportunities and writes project proposals. Works closely with the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative team and in particular with the North Africa Marine Program Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify marine conservation priorities in Morocco in the context of the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative conservation strategy; develop a knowledge basis for WWF priority setting;
- Investigate the Morocco context to identify and analyse current governmental policies and programs concerning the coastal and marine environment, marine resources and marine biodiversity and ecosystem conservation;
- Develops a marine stakeholder assessment to identify all important stakeholders, their interests, roles, potential for engagement in WWF programs and influence on Moroccan marine policies;
- Assess the marine economic and social context in Morocco to identify key factors for programs pursuing the conservation of marine and coastal ecosystems and biodiversity; in particular assess coastal communities and small scale fisheries as potential key targets of WWF projects;
- Establish dialogue and build relations with public authorities and other maritime sector key players on marine related issues, sharing WWF strategy, developing knowledge and identifying opportunities;
- Research and identifies funding opportunities and priorities to develop WWF’s marine programme portfolio in Morocco; together with WWF North Africa Marine Manager and Mediterranean Marine Initiative team identifies opportunities for regional multi-country proposals including Morocco;
- Ensure that activities and projects contribute to WWF MedPO/MMI strategy;
- Act as the WWF spokesperson in Morocco in relation to marine related issues; with the agreement of the WWF Morocco Director and North Africa Marine program manager.
- Identify and establish relations with potential project partners, including private sector and civil society;
- Contribute to developing a North Africa Marine conservation strategy in the context of WWF MMI strategy;
- Develop project concepts and proposals including writing project submissions to donors;
- A well-developed project funding portfolio addressing key marine strategic priorities in Morocco;
- Well-developed priorities and strategic approaches for marine conservation in Morocco;
- Context analysis, stakeholder assessment and partnership potential;
- Analysis of funding opportunities.
- Implementing activities depending on WWF regional project developed in Morocco.
- Reports to WWF Mediterranean/Morocco Director ;
- Works very closely with the WWF North Africa Marine Program Manager;
- Is part of the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative team.
The required qualifications:
- University degree, technical skills in marine conservation, natural sciences, management or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project management/programme design;
- Strategic thinking, good analytical skills;
- Ability to build relations and engage in dialogue with authorities, stakeholders, donors;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Mastering of French and Arabic and fluency in English are highly required.
- Adhere to WWF values Competence, Optimism, Determination and Commitment.
All interested candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter at: email@example.com no later than 23 June 2019.