Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is the comprehensive development agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA) such as its financial and technical cooperation.
- Expected attributes and description of Senior Project Officer in Rabat
– As a senior staff of mid-career level, supports the management of the Office, lead, coach and follow-up other staffs in the Office
– Understands fully Japanese corporate culture and the mentality of Japanese people in order to work cooperatively and punctually
– Places importance on teamwork, cooperates and shares information with other staffs.
– Punctual, and when needed, willing to work overtime to fully conduct her/his duties.
– Willing to work for a long period of time with JICA
- Formulates and manages economic and social development projects supported by Japanese ODA.
- Expected to be in charge of technical cooperation, grant aid, and yen loan projects in the sectors of environment, rural development, and public-private partnerships, and to follow-up current socio-economic issues in Morocco. (The sectors to be in charge could be reviewed and changed by the Direction.)
- Collects, analyzes, and drafts reports on current socio-economic and on development issues including potential projects and programs.
- Conducts both domestic and international business trips.
- Contract conditions to be determined based on the experience of the candidate (NB: The baseline is a 1 year contract including the first 6 months as a provisional period. The contract can be renewed with a possibility to be a permanent staff, the range of salary will be determined depending on the competence as well as the academic and professional experiences.)
The Successful candidate must fulfill all of the qualifications below,
- Must be a resident in Morocco
- Must have bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in the field of social science (economics, business administration, law, politics, international relations, etc.)
- Must have a high competence in French and English language and experiences of using both languages in the professional career (A score superior to 600 pts in TOEFL PBT, or equivalent level, are advantageous.) Competence in Japanese and/or Arabic is advantageous.
- Must have following professional experiences
- More than 12 years of working experience
- More than 8 years of working experience for an international organization(s), a Japanese public organization(s), and/or a Japanese private company(ies)
- More than 8 years of experience working in North Africa region or sub-Saharan Africa region
- More than 5 years of experience in the sectors of governance and environment
- More than 5 years of experience in economic and political analysis
- Must have computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
Please send CV and short essay in English about “Motivation of application” (no more than 1 page) no later than September 13, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. to JICA Morocco office by e-mail:
(Due to our e-mail system setup, please keep the volume under 2MB when sending documents via e-mail, and do not attach zip files or any links for downloading documents, otherwise it will be automatically rejected.)
For more information on JICA’s activities : http://www.jica.go.jp
Only fully qualified applicants will be invited to the written examination and interviews. The applicants are requested to bring 1) one photo copy of bachelor/master degree (and/or more) diploma and 2) one photo copy of certificate showing their English competence for their interview. The candidate is expected to start working in October, 2017. All applications will be treated in confidence.