The International Youth Foundation (IYF) invests in the extraordinary potential of young people. Founded in 1990, IYF builds and maintains a worldwide community of businesses, governments, and civil society organizations committed to empowering youth to be healthy, productive, and engaged citizens. IYF programs are catalysts for change that help young people obtain a quality education, gain employability skills, make healthy choices, and improve their communities. To learn more visit www.iyfnet.org.
Summary Description and Job Purpose
The primary responsibility of this position will be accounting/financial management and office administration of the IYF Morocco office under the technical supervision of the Director, Field Office Finance and Administration based in Baltimore, and daily oversight of the Country Director based in Morocco. The Finance and Administration Manager shall be responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial management, accountability requirements and human resources management of the office in Morocco. This position must assure the contractual integrity of all agreements entered into by the office, managing the procurement process and looking out for the interests of the organization. The Manager will provide technical assistance to staff in implementing and complying with financial and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and serve as the financial liaison to IYF-Baltimore, local NGOs, other implementing partners and implementing units.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be based in Morocco. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to international development and values-driven work environment, with a thorough understanding of accounting, finance, taxes, payroll in Morocco. To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Morocco; position is a local hire position and Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Ensures compliance and consistency with IYF policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of any donor agreements governing the work in the office.
– Records and accounts for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
– Ensures sound cash management of local bank accounts and maintains petty cash fund.
– Processes cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
– Processes payroll, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies.
– Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment of invoices.
– Process employee expense reimbursements.
– Ensures timely payment to all IYF payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
– Prepares monthly financial reports for IYF Baltimore and internal management reports for the Country Director containing budget to actual expenditure information.
– Performs month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
– Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy.
– Prepares and submits reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
– Provide assistance to program staff in office and project budget preparation.
– Responsible for all matters related to the operations and administration of the office.
– Ensures registration requirements are kept current at all times and files statutory returns and renewals.
– Manages office lease to make sure it is current and amendments are processed as required.
– Oversees administration of human resources, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, assisting with recruitments and orientation procedures, purchasing and maintaining adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
– Manages local information technology contract ensuring infrastructure needs of the office are met, including properly functioning IT equipment, routine maintenance, security over IT (anti-virus software and regular backups).
– Maintains office files.
– Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
– Identify any problems and challenges that may arise and suggest solutions accordingly.
– Carries out any other tasks as assigned by the Country Director at IYF-Morocco and Director, Field Office Finance & Administration at IYF-Baltimore.
Reporting and Key Relationships
Technical supervision and oversight of finance, accounting and administration duties will be provided by the Director, Field Office Finance & Administration at IYF-Baltimore. Daily oversight will be provided by the Country Director at IYF-Morocco.
– Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 10 years of relevant work experience.
– Minimum of 7 years experience working in the Country Finance Officer role on accounting/financial management of development programs with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $5 million), as well as multi-office, multi-national environment. Experience in region. Other overseas office experience preferable.
– 3-5 years experience providing administrative support to an international organization, including dealing with good procurement, contracts management, and HR related matters.
– Substantial financial management experience on USAID contracts/cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedural and reporting requirements.
– Experience in financially managing USAID-funded grant programs.
– Knowledge of QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software (field based accounting).
– Experience with computerized accounting and strong organizational and leadership skills.
– Strong analytical ability and attention to details.
– Excellent oral and written English, French and Arabic fluency required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to understand sensitivities in dealing with wide variety of people from many countries, cultures and languages are essential.
– Demonstrated team player, a very effective and efficient manager of personal time and responsibilities, a hard worker, flexible in style and one with the highest personal integrity.
– Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a high pressure and quickly evolving work environment.
– Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment.
LOCATION: Rabat, Morocco
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Morocco – Finance & Administration Manager” in the subject line by Friday, 15 August 2014:
Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
Applications will be reviewed as received. Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.