ISG is seeking an English-to-Arabic and Arabic-to-English translator and/or interpreter to assist with a three-week field visit in Morocco and translation services leading up to and following the data collection trip. This field visit is part of the Ex-Post Performance Evaluation in the education sector for the Morocco Compact Artisan Fez Medina Project, Vocational Training Activity (2010-2013).
Under this evaluation, the interpreter will accompany the team’s Lead Evaluator during his three-week trip to Morocco and provide interpretation during scheduled meetings. Under this evaluation, the translator will be tasked with translation of data collection tools from English to Arabic. Further, translation of collated data (entered into forms) from Arabic to English will be required. Translation of other documentation from Arabic to English may also be required.
Level of effort for interpreter is estimated at 15 days. Level of effort for translator is estimated at 20-40 days.
Candidates may apply for one or both positions.
Work under this assignment will be carried out in select areas of Morocco.
The evaluation covers the Functional Literacy and Vocational Training Project (FLVT) under the Morocco Compact.
The FLVT Project (2010-2013: $32.8 million) reinforced the basic skills of beneficiary artisans from other Compact sectors, particularly the Artisan Fez Medina Project, to improve employability, revenues, and capacity to support sectoral growth. FLVT’s ultimate goal was to improve the revenues of artisans, people engaged in fishing, and farmers through the reinforcement of basic skills and professional qualifications.
- Work closely with the Lead Evaluator and other team members to translate required documentation and/or provide interpretation services to the Lead Evaluator during his time in Morocco.
- Perform preparatory tasks leading up to site visits including communication with site visit focal points to confirm Lead Evaluator’s schedule prior to execution.
- Translate required documents from Arabic to English and English to Arabic prior to field data collection.
- Translate collated data collected during site visits using templates designed by the Lead Evaluator from Arabic to English.
- Other tasks related to site visits and documentation translation, as assigned.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken Moroccan Arabic (Darija) and English. French language skills would be beneficial, but not required.
- At least 3 years’ experience translating and/or interpreting from Arabic to English and English to Arabic. Experience in translation/interpretation within the education sector is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a CV, including information on your daily rate to the contact listed below. Also, thank you for mentioning if your interest is for one of the positions or both (translator and/or interpreter)
Please indicate the following reference number in the subject of your email: ISG-MCC-TR-2016
Deadline for submission: July 15th, 2016
About the Organization
ISG is a U.S. professional services company, founded in 2005, with a presence in developing markets worldwide complete with staff in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and with partners in the Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Oceania.
ISG focuses on improving organizational and program performance for actors in the field of humanitarian aid and development. Our work is used to increase impact, understand outcomes, promote internal learning, and inspire positive change of development programming. In doing so, we bring an expertise in applied research, monitoring and evaluation, and mapping of programming, stakeholders and policies. Since inception, ISG has used a participatory research approach to assist more than 60+ organizations operating in the humanitarian aid and development space.