SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. In the International office of the region Middle East and North Africa (MENA) we support all the activities of the nine national associations, ensuring that they operate in accordance with established principles and standards. To support us we are currently seeking an
Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Advisor (f/m),
Region Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension and relocation to Amman, Jordan
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the leadership of the Head of IPD, the Regional IPD Advisor is responsible for creating opportunities to diversify and mobilise financial resources by driving institutional fundraising and strategic partnerships with multi-lateral, government and foundation donors across Middle East and North Africa. S/he will support the regional IPD team to implement the new Global IPD Strategy, aligning activities with SOS International’s 2030 Strategy. S/he will be responsible for supporting Member Associations to secure local IPD opportunities and for building their capacities in partnership development and donor contract acquisition. S/he will also support the sound grant management of donor-funded projects and ensure compliance with donor regulations and SOS policies.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the position are:
- Coordinate and facilitate IPD processes across MENA, supporting the implementation of a Regional IPD Action Plan and contributing to improved standards, processes and tools.
- Act as regional IPD focal point in providing support to selected National Associations.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors and stakeholders, positively representing the organization’s aims and objectives.
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities.
- Lead and/or facilitate the preparation of high-quality concept notes and proposals
- Ensure servicing and grant management in compliance with donor regulations and SOS policies.
- Contribute to organizational learning by facilitating capacity building activities in Project Cycle Management and the development of concept notes & proposals.
- Ensure regular and proactive communication between internal stakeholders at the international, regional and national levels and external partners.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to increase long-term net income and quality institutional partnerships.
- Support MENA IPD Network, linking IPD Focal Points across the region to develop and share best practices and lesson learnt.
- University degree in International Development, Project Management, Business or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in the development sector in a similar role
- Strong understanding of funding environment, donor regulations and international development cooperation policies.
- Strong understanding of project management (PCM, LFA, RBM) and grant management.
- Experience developing and maintaining effective donor relationships, identifying funding opportunities, developing and securing donor contracts, and monitoring and reporting on implementation.
- Capacity building, training, workshop facilitation and coaching skills and experience.
- Basic financial management skills, including budget development and monitoring.
- Very good written and spoken English and French, Arabic is an asset
- Good knowledge of standard computer software (Word, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of database packages useful
- Willing to travel regularly to international and remote project sites
- Excellent interpersonal presentation, communication and negotiation skills necessary to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Support of SOS CVI’s vision, mission and values is essential
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities. In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
If you are interested in this position, please email your application (cover letter, CV and supporting certificates) by 22nd May 2018 to HR.Mena@sos-kd.org.
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.