Position: Communications Lead
Location: Tangier Morocco
About Golden Resources
Golden Resources Solutions is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas. Our company is recruiting a Communications Lead for its partner DAI.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 60 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 180 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The purpose of the IPNM-TESS project is to support implementation of Morocco’s regionalisation process in the northern region of Tanger-Tétouan and Al Hoceïma (TTAH), through the provision of technical assistance to its regional government bodies and civil society. It is structured around the following three key areas: strengthening the capacity of regional government bodies, primarily the TTAH Regional Council; providing support to the regionalisation process, particularly on implementation and monitoring of the Plan de Developpement Regional (PDR); and convening opportunities for more effective dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders (government institutions, civil society, media, private sector and citizens). IPNM-TESS is a two-year project based in Tangiers and is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Scope of Work
The Communications Lead will deliver a high-quality communication strategy and activities, to ensure effective communication dissemination of the work, objectives and achievements of IPNM-TESS to all stakeholders through a range of tools, including internet, radio, printed press, and newsletters. S/he will be responsible for developing a communication framework and strategy to ensure that research activities undertaken by the programme can effectively be used to push forward the programme objectives in full compliance with FCO policies and regulations, on-time, within budget, and with maximum impact.
- Identify and promote appropriate mechanisms and materials through which IPNM-TESS should disseminate research findings and knowledge to various stakeholders and tailor these as required for various stakeholders;
- Develop relevant communication tools in coordination with the TESS Team;
- Own and amend, when necessary, the communication strategy created in the inception phase;
- Manage the day-to-day internal and external communications and marketing activities of the programme, including press statements and articles;
- Maintain a strong brand for TESS, including impactful and fit-for-purpose publications, web site, and social media;
- Manage the monitoring of media and current affairs developments, across a wide range of media;
- Build on existing, and develop new, relationships with media, key decision makers, member organisations and others;
- Provide advice to the Team Leader, other staff members, FCO and partners on media engagement, deliverables, communications, and public outreach issues.
Knowledge Management Responsibilities:
- Promote collaborative tools to facilitate knowledge sharing among internal teams and external partners;
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities;
- Help disseminate information about the organization’s knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, including organizing knowledge sharing events and preparation of brochures/presentations.
STTA Strategic Communications Expert Co-ordination:
- Work closely with the Strategic Communications STTA to identify stakeholders of particular importance and specific methods of engagement for these parties;
- Develop a framework and relevant tools and mechanism to monitor the effectiveness of TESS’s various communication channels and the impact of its research on Government policy and regulations.
- Degree in Communication studies, Media or other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in fields related to communication and outreach;
- Excellent oral and written French and English;
- Oral and written Arabic and Moroccan Arabic;
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, work well under pressure and to handle concurrent projects including organizing media coverage, technical workshops, briefings and interviews.
- Experience of donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes;
- Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and document drafting skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and communication environment in Northern Morocco;
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience with web-based information and discussion systems;
- Demonstrated ability to update websites, manage social media and cater to diverse stakeholder information needs.
- Networking skills.
Please provide a CV (max two pages) together with a covering letter (max one page) detailing your interest in and suitability to this position to email@example.com
Please clearly indicate the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail.
Closing date: March 18th,2018 23:59