Position: Work Readiness Specialist
Location: Rabat Morocco
Reports to: USAID Career Center Technical Director
About GOLDEN RESOURCES
Golden Resources is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas.
Summary of Position
GOLDEN RESOURCES is seeking a Program Assistant for a four-year USAID-funded workforce development project in Morocco. The project may focus on strengthening the workforce and improving the employability of youth, enhancing their career potential for entering the labor market through vocational training services, business-led workforce development partnerships, and job placement.
Supervised by the Technical Director, the Work Readiness Specialist will work closely with the program technical staff, both in the Rabat office and the pilot regions, to ensure successful development and implementation of work readiness offerings for use in Career Centers. The Work Readiness Specialist will be responsible to the Technical Director by fulfilling the following main responsibilities: 1) Act as principal interface with our partner EFE for work readiness offering development, piloting, roll out and subsequent refinements to curricula. 2) Act as focal point for work readiness programmatic technical deliverables; 3) Develop relations with third party providers of work readiness offerings. 4) Support programmatic reporting as required by COP and Technical Director.
The Work Readiness Specialist will support the COP and the Technical Director by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
1) Act as principal interface with our partner EFE for work readiness offering development, piloting, rollout and subsequent refinements to curricula:
- Oversee the relationship with EFE. Review work plans, training delivery plans, curricula update plans etc. This includes chairing the Course Development team that meets weekly.
- Identify course development needs from the private sector analyses for skills and work with EFE to develop, pilot, rollout and schedule periodic revisions of curricula.
- Support regional curricula integration with partners and coordinate EFE support.
2) Act as focal point for work readiness programmatic technical deliverables:
- Working with the regional centers to develop annual rapid industry analyses and maintain a level of expertise within each region.
- Determine the work readiness needs and determine the best approach to develop and deliver quality course offerings.
- Ensure adherence and work closely to develop offering appropriate to target groups by incorporating needs to reflect gender and support to people with disabilities.
3) Develop relations with third party providers of work readiness offerings:
- As required identify third party providers for specific offering and contract them. Monitor their performance, appropriateness and quality of offering
- Work with the Technical Director and the Virtual Career Center team to identify work readiness needs for the Virtual Career Center.
- Manage the relationship with ALISON, Accenture and all other providers of online courses.
4) Support programmatic reporting as required by COP and Technical Director.
- Contribute to monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports, review of documents and working with functional teams to deliver offerings for use in the career centers:
- Take lead of Work Readiness section in the Annual Work Plan process.
- Contribute, as necessary, to the production of program or Career Center communication tools.
The selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Work Readiness Specialist will report directly to the USAID Career Center Technical Director, with strong connections with the COP.
The Work Readiness Specialist will be charged with implementing the work readiness component for USAID Career Center. S/he will engage with a diverse range of actors ranging from students to CEOs of multinational corporations. As such, the individual must be mature, a self‐starter, a problem solver, and well versed in the world of business as well as the education sector. The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills with experience managing complex projects and demanding clients. The position requires, unless otherwise noted, an individual who possesses the following skills, traits, and experiences:
Functional Competencies (Key Skills and Knowledge)
- In‐depth knowledge of the private sector with an emphasis on human resource management and workforce development
- Expertise in delivering training to diverse audiences with varying levels of education
- A strong grasp of the principles and methods of monitoring and evaluation
- A proven track record at building successful relationships between the private and academic sectors
- Knowledge of Morocco’s higher education and vocational education Also the various sources for employment
- Excellent interpersonal and multi‐cultural skills coupled with strong public speaking abilities
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills
- Familiarity with marketing concepts, multi‐media, and IT solutions in relation to workforce (Face to face, blended and e-Learning)
- A minimum of 3 years of successfully implementing workforce development projects, preferably
- A Master’s Degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary subject such as education, business administration
- Business proficiency, written and spoken, in English and French (Arabic a plus).
- Excellent computer skills: specifically MS Office
- The ability to remain outcome and results focused with regard to business priorities and organizational goals, monitoring progress and adjusting approach-ensuring delivery against the appropriate timescales.
- The ability to be decisive and take tough decisions about clients, people and costs to deliver sustainable results, using the analysis of information and situations to make logical and sound decisions.
- Co-operates with colleagues, shares information and respects the opinions and values of staff members. Understands the skills, experience and knowledge of staff members and maximizes how these can be utilized to the benefit of Career Center.
- Lives the USAID Career Center program purpose and values, acting genuinely and with integrity, in a manner that builds trust and engages and motivates others, placing the genuine needs of the client, the organization, and staff ahead of personal agendas.
The Technical Support Coordinator will be engaged by Golden Resources
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to email@example.com with “Work Readiness Specialist – Rabat” in the subject line by February 10, 2017