Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser
Location: Tangier/Tetouan Morocco
About Golden Resources
Golden Resources is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas. Our company is recruiting a M&E Adviser for its partner DAI.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 60 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 180 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The FCO-funded Tackling economic, social and security challenges in Northern Morocco through support for Morocco’s regionalisation programme (TESS) is providing support to sustainable stability, security and prosperity in Morocco though an integrated approach. Working in this economically and politically marginalised region the Programme aims to produce a platform of stability and inclusivity conducive to harnessing the potential arising from investment and decentralisation occurring in line with Morocco’s development plan. Focussing on greater integration of Northern communities to strengthen political engagement at the regional and national level, link present economic opportunities.
Scope of Work
The M&E Adviser will assist with the development of an M&E methodology and framework that enables effective monitoring of the Programme against intended goals and benchmarks. S/he will also work with other programme Technical Experts to improve reporting mechanisms for specific aspects of the Programme and assist with this reporting. The M&E Adviser will also be responsible for indicator development in addition to working with other Technical Experts to provide advice on the use of indicators to drive performance improvement. The M&E Adviser will create tools to foster and facilitate information sharing with and among different stakeholders and provides support on development and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Amend and develop the Programme’s M&E Framework as needed, and create and oversee the implementation of M&E Standard Operating Procedures for field staff;
- Help design and manage the Management Information System, including documentation management and project archives;
- Ensure Quality Assurance is conducted efficiently and act as a focal point during reviews;
- Ensure timely delivery of reports, including annual review, and other deliverables in line with agreed upon deadlines and in collaboration with other technical managers;
- Track TESS’s accomplishment of its Logframe targets;
- Clearly define and understand the indicators involved in the delivery of the programme and work to ensure these are clear and suitable indicators;
- Review M&E information products, distil and communicate their implications for programme implementation and direction;
- Engage with project beneficiaries to learn how they rate and respond to programme support;
- Effectively communicate the purpose and intentions of project M&E to internal and external stakeholders;
- Capture learning and associated program adjustments to report to the donor;
- Support Team Leader in work plan and strategy development for achieving project results, and provide assistance to technical staff accordingly;
- Represent the Programme at meetings and to stakeholders as required;
- Produce and coordinate thematic analytical papers, summaries, and research produced by the project to document best practices and lay out outreach plans.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in business, economics, international development, project management or other relevant field;
- Experience of working in the MENA region;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Oral and written Arabic; Moroccan Arabic desirable;
- Oral and written French and Spanish desirable;
- Significant Monitoring and Evaluation experience working on complex programmes and implementing knowledge management strategies;
- Excellent computer skills and ability to conduct statistical analysis;
- Experience of UK donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes;
- Excellent report writing skills;
Please respond to this advertisement by sending your CV and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) that outlines how you meet the qualifications and skills required for this role to email@example.com with “M&E Adviser” in the subject line by January 14th, 2018.