Position : Accountant/Finance assistant
Location : Morocco
Reports To: Finance Manager
FHI 360 and partners, International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), Education for Employment (EFE) and Golden Resources (GR), are implementing the USAID Career Center program in Morocco. The activity is being implemented in close coordination with Government of Morocco (GOM) counterparts, the Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Education. USAID CAREER CENTER will play a central role in advancing USAID/Morocco and the GOM’s broader goal of increasing the employability of young Moroccans. The program is currently in the process of establishing career development centers linked to universities and the vocational training system, and incorporating work readiness training into the Moroccan tertiary education system, vocational training system, and workplaces where these skills will contribute to the employability and performance of youth in the workplace.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently prepare monthly imprest expense reports and bank reconciliations and submit imprest to Finance Manager and COP on a monthly basis for review and approval.
- Accurately record all financial transactions in GFAS.
- Prepare bank disbursement vouchers, wire transfers and checks and ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures. Gather and review all required supporting documentation prior to issuing payment.
- Verify accuracy of all payment requests and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- Contact vendors to discuss invoices and payments and resolve discrepancies, as required.
- Calculate payroll liabilities and ensure compliance with both Moroccan legal requirements and USAID human resources policies, including income tax, social security, health insurance, etc.
- Work closely with FHI 360s Tax Advisor to stay informed of changes to Moroccan tax laws and ensure proper payment of income tax, social security, office-space related taxes, etc.
- Maintain a well-organized filing system for the monthly financial imprest including payments and monthly financial reports.
- Respond to requests for financial information based on the Finance Manager and COP instructions.
- Complete other finance-related tasks as requested by the Finance Manager and COP.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field or Full or partial Professional qualifications will be an added advantage
Six month of work experience in financial operations, preferably on a USAID or other international donor-funded project.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Some knowledge of local laws, international accounting regulations, and USAID rules and regulations.
Please supply a resume and a cover letter and send them to email@example.com with “Accountant/Finance Assistant” in the subject line by November 30th, 2016