SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for committed Regional Human Resources and Organizational Development Advisor.
Regional Human Resources and Organizational Development Advisor, International Office Regional West, Central and North Africa
(IOR, WCNA) (F/M)
Location: Casablanca – Morroco (with 30% field travel)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Regional Human Resources and Organizational Development Director IOR WCNA, the Human Resources and Organizational Development Advisor:
- Responsible for leading, developing, and supporting the National HR network, supporting cross-national knowledge sharing, and ensuring capacity building of co-workers
- Support Member Associations in recruiting, orienting, leading and developing their heads of HR
- Ensure full implementation of defined HR standards
- Assess conditions of service and remuneration policies
- Support MAs to fulfil the standards and requirements of the National Association Manual
- Ensure full and efficient participation in internal audit mission and follow up implementation of recommendations with assigned NAs
- Provide HR supports to emergency programs across the region to ensure success
- Ensure implementation of the performance management system and ensure effective training of line managers in the target group.
- Support countries to fulfil the standards and requirements of the Global HR Manual
- Work closely with the wider HR team to fulfil the global HR strategy
- Work closely with the HROD Director and wider HR team to fulfil the Regional Strategy
- Make sure that HR personnel is well planned and related costs well budgeted in IPD & Emergency projects
- University degree in Human Resources Management/Law/Social Science or any relevant degree in relation with the position and least 5 years of experience in a similar position or 8 years in any HR executive position
- Experience in managing teams in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
- Ability to give advice and direction at a national/regional level
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of Excel as well as good knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in project and process management is an asset
- Ability to work flexibly in virtual settings
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic (spoken and written) is necessary
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For: **
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV including 3 references and cover letter in English by 16th February 2020 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged