A full time, hourly position based at the Project Soar Headquarters (HQ). The Empowerment Lead and HQ Support will work a minimum of 40 hours per week, over5 days. The Empowerment Lead and HQ Support reports directly to the Program Manager, and works closely with the other members of the Project Soar team.
The Project Soar Empowerment Lead and HQ Support is an essential support position to the Project Soar team and is responsible for various program and administrative duties. This full time role includes the detailed planning and execution of all Sunday Sessions as well as all paperwork and follow-up items for these sessions and other projects. The role also includes supporting the preparation and execution of the Training of Facilitators for PSB satellite sites. The ideal candidate will be well organized, an excellent communicator and highly dynamic. The Empowerment Lead and HQ Support will represent Project Soar in Douar Ladaam, Marrakech and the community at large, and so must embody the values and mission of the organization.
Project Soar in a Box
- Serve as leader and role model for girls
- Cultivate a safe space for girls to grow and express themselves
- Plan all details for Sunday sessions, including
- Facilitating 90 minute Empowerment Workshop for 20+ HQ girl “squad”
- Communicating with HQ team all plans
- Managing transportation of visitors
- Securing supplies needed, including snacks
- Set-up/Clean-up of all activity locations
- On-site Attendance & Supervision of PS Girls
- Oversight, Execution & Timekeeping of Workshops
- Additional duties as necessary
- Record attendance and feedback reporting after each workshop and module
- Serve as Girls Leaders Club Advisor for HQ squad
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Project Soar in a Box Training of Facilitators including:
- Coordinate logistics and communication between participants and HQ staff
- Updating documents and branding depending on partner
- Organize printing and material needs for sessions
- Lead sessions when needed around Empowerment workshops
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Project Soar Headquarters
- Track inventory and manage storage of all PS supplies
- Involve Project Soar girls as volunteers, interns or leaders in programming
- Collaborate with the PS Management to maximize results as directed
- Continued oversight and daily maintenance of all PS property (HQ)
- Oversee Inventory of all PS property and supplies
- Management of facility issues as they arise
- Participate in future Grant Applications and subsequent Management
- Assist with additional special projects, as needed
- Moroccan Arabic required; English required
- Access to SmartPhone and wifi required
- Understanding of Excel, Google Drive, etc.
- Ability to travel to Douar Ladaam five times per week
This description is not intended to be fully comprehensive, but rather an overall guideline for working. There are many areas that are not detailed here that will need to be handled as they arise. Above all, Project Soar is a team, and we all do what we need to do in order to deliver our mission with as much impact as possible.
Salary, based on 40 hours of work per week, is paid monthly.
The duration of this position is one year; a commitment is required for employment.
If you are interested, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .