AMIDEAST is recruiting a senior Education Project Director to be based in its Rabat office. The director will be responsible for a multi-year teacher training project with international funding. The candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of contract performance, providing technical guidance, long-term strategic planning, day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the program. Responsibilities include developing annual work plans, quarterly reporting, client liaison and managing a small staff, as well as liaising closely with AMIDEAST’s existing leadership, finance and operations departments. The director will report to AMIDEAST’s Country Director. Competitive salary will be offered.
• 10+ years of experience managing education projects in Morocco
• Intimate understanding of Moroccan education landscape and education development issues
• Proven management skills with specific experience successfully managing teams
• Demonstrated experience working within a team requiring sensitive interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with professionals and academics from other countries and demonstration of cross-cultural skills
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and client management
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience analyzing data, writing reports and presenting information.
• Doctorate in education or a related field preferred. Masters degree in education or related required.
• Fluency in Arabic
• Fluency in spoken and written English
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and the incumbent will perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and other supervisors as required. AMIDEAST reserves the right to modify duties and responsibilities as required. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.