EDC : Chief of Party
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management of the program, including providing strategic and overall technical leadership, linking the program with USAID and overseeing the reporting and M&E requirements of the program.
- Oversee the effective technical delivery of a wide range of anticipated activities related to youth and workforce development that may include training certification; policy reform; work-based learning (e.g. internships); job placement; entrepreneurship and other self-employment initiatives; access to finance; support to youth such as mentorships and career counseling; and building the capacity of local organizations in workforce development training.
- Oversee effective monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Strategize, set priorities; lead implementation, and review technical progress
- Be responsible for the ongoing administrative and financial operation of project offices with accountability to home office
- Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, stakeholders in Morocco including government, private and non-governmental partners, other local counterparts and youth, and EDC home office management, ensuring clear communications and consistent expectations across all parties.
- Lead a team of staff members in Morocco and directly supervise senior staff in such areas as (1) technical work; (2) operations and finance, and (3) information management
- Monitor budgets, records, databases, and reference information
- Determine resource needs and oversee resource use
- Select, hire, and supervise staff and subcontractors; assign roles & responsibilities; manage performance
- Meet contractual obligations
- Implement regulatory compliance directives appropriate to the host country & funder
- Develop policies & procedures to improve efficiency and quality, in conjunction with home office
- Convey organizational philosophy and values
- Provide timely reporting to USAID
- Build private public partnerships
- Ensure achievement of program targets
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Specific requirements include:
- Specific technical experience relevant to the anticipated project, programs and operations, with a particular focus on workforce development and at-risk youth (in-school and out-of-school) in a context like Morocco’s. This includes any or all of the following: training and work readiness training; career counseling or coaching, labor market analysis; organizational capacity building; public-private partnerships; self-employment and entrepreneurship, including improving access to financing. Candidates should also demonstrate their experience in designing and/or overseeing monitoring and evaluation efforts related to these technical areas.
- Outstanding leadership and program management skills and experience
- Prior experience managing (as COP, DCOP or similar position) a development project highly preferred
- Eperience in Morocco and/or the Middle East preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Capacity to work well under pressure
- Excellent French and English communication skills
- Familiarity with donor-funded performance management (particularly USAID), contracts and grants management and contract reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education preferred
- With Bachelor’s degree, 12–15 years of relevant program management and supervisory experience are required, preferably in the field of international education and program management, as well as experience in workforce development and youth and community program development
- With Master’s degree, 10–12 years related experience, including a minimum of 5 years supervisory/project management or program development experience
Interested applicants may send resumes to IDDJobs@edc.org. Please list the position and region to which you’re applying in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.