Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional organization that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Supported by the US Department of Labor, the Promise Pathways program will support efforts to reduce child labor, assist youth of legal working age to secure decent work, and provide household members (age 18 and older) with opportunities for improved livelihoods in the Marrakesh-Tensift-Al-Haouz region of Morocco. Promise Pathways is a four year program launched in January 2014.
Position Start Date:
September 8, 2015
The Education Specialist will support the Project Director in assigned duties and specifically those tasks that relate to the education component planning, management, and reporting. This position is based in Marrakesh.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Education Specialist reports to the Project Director.
The Education Specialist has day-to-day leadership and technical responsibility for implementing the Education intermediate result of the Promise Pathways Project. The Education Specialist directs the work of case managers who will work locally with project beneficiaries and local partners to implement project activities and manage beneficiary development plans.
The Education Specialist will be responsible for coordinating with the Regional Academy for Education and Training (AREF) including Non-Formal Education as well as school life Departments and maintain communication with stakeholders at the provincial and local levels.
The Education Specialist ensures implementation and follow-up of the Education component towards reaching the objectives of the Promise Pathways project on combatting exploitative child labor in the Marrakech Safi Region.
- Provide oversight of all education-related technical activities of the Promise Pathways Project to reach and monitor 4117 beneficiaries through training and direct service delivery by December 2017 according to the project work plan;
- Train, coach and manage a team of field case managers and ensure the quality of project activities implementation locally as well as quality of services provided to project beneficiaries;
- Ensure close collaboration between Education and Livelihoods component case managers to offer an integrated and harmonized package of services to individual project beneficiaries;
- Work in close collaboration with central, regional and local stakeholders to consolidate and sustain initiatives that would contribute to reduce school dropout and child labor in the project school catchment areas;
- Consolidate and develop a strong network of local stakeholders to ensure beneficiary services are provided according to agreed development plans;
- In close collaboration with education and community partners, develop capacity building materials and tools and document the project model, ensuring its viability through partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the set up and implementation of project coordination structures at the local, provincial and regional level.
- Support project social mobilization events;
- Implement the capacity building component related to education, including basic skills for beneficiaries and school innovative approaches that promote student monitoring, positive school behavior and youth leadership in fighting school dropout and child labor;
- Train local school teams including directors and teachers, APTE members (associations of students’ parents and tutors) and other civil society organizations involved in education;
- Coordinate closely with project staff to ensure financial, administrative and logistical means are available to implement field activities;
- Submit monthly, quarterly and semester activity progress reports as requested by project Director and according to USDOL requirements;
- Prepare monthly activity plans and budgets;
- Support monitoring and evaluation including the mid-line and end-line assessments and reporting;
- Document success stories and best practices;
- Translate material related to education into French, English, and Arabic; and
- Execute other project related duties as assigned by the Project Director.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.A. degree in Education Sciences or related social field with at least 5 years of experience required.
- Previous experience in Education program management and community development, including specific experience in management, monitoring and evaluation of primary and secondary
- education programs, students assessment, teacher training, curricula and pedagogical material development, pedagogical monitoring and information systems;
- A thorough understanding of issues related to child labor, and current GoM efforts in this area, and the specific educational needs of school children returning to school, especially children removed from the labor market when they enter or return to school;
- Experience in communication with at-risk children, youth, and their families in Morocco;
- Experience in facilitating training, leading focus group discussions, evaluating and documenting training programs;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, and with other governmental departments, NGOs, educator networks, employer confederations and unions, among others;
- Ability to work as a member of a team to reach project objectives;
- Ability to coordinate with partners across multiple sectors;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise, provide technical guidance and manage staff to implement project activities;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities;
- Ability to draft reports in English and correspondence in Arabic and French preferred; and
- Must be fluent in Arabic and English. Fluency in French preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV to the following email address: email@example.com, and RMS@CreativeDC.com, using the job code “Morocco –Education Specialist” in the subject line of the email. August 31st is the deadline for submissions.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.