Location : Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region
Position : Chief of Party (COP)
Deadline for applications: August 31st 2019
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region, Morocco supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance, and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities, in Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall management, coordination, oversight and ensure that activities and sub-partners are coordinated and achieve intended results. This individual will be the key liaison with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP position requires political savviness, as s/he will interact with numerous institutions and senior-level national and regional-level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in governance and/or business and livelihood, with some experience in Morocco preferred;
- Experience in managing large scale activities, strategic planning and implementation of related activities;
- Demonstrated experience in adaptive management;
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining relationships with government officials, private sector, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), donors, international NGOs, and professional institutions and in assisting multi-stakeholder consultations, negotiations and consensus building;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Fluency in French required, English and Arabic is preferred.