CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded project. This procurement is expected to be a five-year contract if granted.
The proposed project seeks to contribute to the inclusive socioeconomic development in the region of Beni-Mellal-Khenifra (BMK) through activities such as research, an online platform for participatory governance, innovation competitions, softskills and vocational training that match labor market needs, job market linkages, and social innovation. Gender equality, social inclusion, local ownership and participation, and collaboration are at the core of the proposed project approach.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
International relocation and allowances may be/are available.
CARE International Morocco
CARE International Morocco, a local Moroccan NGO created in 2007, is part of CARE’s International network, one of the largest international aid and development organizations. CARE seeks to address poverty and to strengthen the resilience of the communities. The organization provides assistance on the basis of need, regardless of race, creed or nationality addressing the rights of vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls.
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
- Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (USAID program management preferred/required); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on democracy, governance, economic or conflict mitigation/management programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
- Previous experience in Morocco is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of local languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel within Morocco as required.
To apply for this position:
Interested candidates should send their application (CV + letter of motivation) to email@example.com with “Chief of Party – Ref 2019/024” as object line of the email.
The deadline for receipt of applications is February 29th, 2020. CARE International Morocco reserves the right to close the recruitment before the deadline.
Considering the promotion of equal opportunities, CARE International Morocco encourages people with disabilities and women to apply.