CHIEF OF PARTY
Work location : Morocco- Casablanca or Rabat
Expected travel: up to 20%
Employee duration: Active with end date
Type of post: Accompanied – Family
Funding: THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
CARE seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated « Reading for Success » non-formal education program in Morocco. The goal of this program is to strengthen the organizational capacity of civil society organizations to deliver quality reading-focused programs. This will be a cooperative agreement in the $4 million – $9.9 million range and is expected to be awarded in February 2016.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
This position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances may be available.
• Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
• Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
• Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
• Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
• With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
• Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
• Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (USAID program management preferred); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on programs in the areas of non-formal education, literacy, or curriculum design.
• Experience with one or more of the following: school re-enrollment; instructor/teacher capacity building; reading enrichment programs at community/family level; experience working with community groups/organizations or instructional materials development.
• Experience with private sector engagement is an advantage.
• Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
• Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
• Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
• Previous experience in Morocco is a strong advantage.
• Fluency in English and either French or Arabic is required; knowledge of a local language is a plus.
• Ability to travel within Morocco as required.
Please apply through this website: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2794