The British Council is seeking to sign consultancy agreements with 10 consultants in the Middle East & North Africa region including the Gulf, Levant, Maghreb cluster, and Egypt. Communication experts and specialists are invited to provide their CV and previous work as per below scope of work and requirements. Consultants should also specify the cluster they are interested to apply for, and they have the option to apply for more than one cluster.
Scope of work:
- Develop a communications strategy and implementation plan which aligns with the British Council’s and FCO’s global, regional and country strategies and goals, and supports the programme’s activities.
- Support in project design though insights and research input activities and lead on the development and delivery of the programme’s communication strategy, ensuring the planning and delivery of audience focused outcomes.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of communication activities and demonstrate impact with clear KPIs
- Oversee communication activity related to the programme often with diverse stakeholder needs and requirements.
- Support in the management of crisis communications and media relations related to the programme, working closely with the internal communications manager MENA, Cluster and Regional Head of Communications and Team Leader.
- Strategic oversight of the communication of the British Council’s profile to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic advice to the programme’s leadership regarding communication direction and activities.
- Identify and establish effective networks and strategic relationship with media, creative and digital partners.
- Lead and coordinate a communications taskforce if applicable
- Maximise the use of emerging technologies to analyse, benchmark, promote and innovate communications.
- Measure and report against key performance measures and annual plans.
- Ensure that market insights and stakeholder analysis are interpreted and used effectively to inform development of communication activity to maximise audience reach.
- Oversee the coordination, preparation and production of the programme’s publications and events.
- Leads and manages all media relations activities.
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in planning and activation of communication strategies for similar organisations (NGOs, non-profit…)
- Knowledge of the social development landscape in MENA (in arts, education and society)
- Understanding of the donor landscape in MENA
- Deep understanding of the programme’s lifecycle and project operations
- Ability to conduct impact led communication activities and demonstrating the programme’s theory of change
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation through clear KPIs and ability to demonstrate impact and ROI
- All applicants must be fluent in English and Arabic. Applicants for the Maghreb cluster must be fluent in French as well
- Internal communications MENA
- Cluster Communications Manager
- Country Communication Manager
- Regional Head of Communications
- Communication Officer
- Senior Responsible Owner
- Programme director
- Programme Manager
- Country director
- Insight Manager
- Insight officer
- MENA Digital Team
10 consultants in total from the following clusters:
Applicants might apply for one or multiple clusters.
Expressions of interest:
Communication experts and specialists are invited to provide their CV and previous work as per the scope of work and requirements above. Consultants should also specify the cluster they are interested to apply for and can apply for more than one cluster.
Please submit your expressions of interest to Ichraq.Nejjar@britishcouncil.org.ma by 20th of March 2020
For any clarification questions around the terms of reference of the assignment please contact Ichraq.Nejjar@britishcouncil.org.ma