AMIDEAST, an international center for training and education, is seeking an academic advisor to represent the Education USA portfolio in Casablanca. Full-time position, working afternoons, evenings and Saturdays, this candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Advise potential Moroccan students (and their parents) on the structure of the US higher educational system.
- Respond to inquiries, in person, via email and over the phone as to how to identify an appropriate US institution, apply to those institutions and go through the visa process.
- Perform outreach to students outside of Casablanca.
- Respond to inquiries from US institutions and arranges site visits of US institutions to and Casablanca field offices.
- Represents Education USA and AMIDEAST at national and international conferences.
- BA plus minimum of 5 years relevant experience or master’s degree and two year of experience
- Ability to plan, identify resources, anticipate needs, seek solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Familiarity with program budgets
- Precise attention to detail
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and shifting priorities
- Native spoken and written proficiency in Arabic
- Advanced working proficiency in French
- Advanced working proficiency in English
- Minimum of one year direct experience in working with the Americans or the US Government
- Demonstrated aptitude for interpersonal communication and pro-active, diplomatic problem solving
- A strong professional demeanor with a pleasant, open style and focus on detail
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.