Programme Coordinator, Morocco
Based in Rabat, Morocco
Full Time – Fixed Term Contract for services
Until March 2018 with possible extension
Salary: competitive local salary
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is an independent foundation sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) and the Department for International Development (DFID).
WFD specialises in parliamentary strengthening and political party development. It does this by supporting the development of parliaments, political party structures and civil society
organisations. It is uniquely placed to draw directly on the expertise of the Westminster political parties in all its work.
Established in 1992, WFD has supported transitions to democracy in central and Eastern Europe, strengthened multi-party democracies in Africa, and extended its work to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) in 2004. For more information, please visit www.wfd.org
Based in Rabat since 2011, WFD currently operates three programmes in Morocco, supporting both Houses of the Moroccan Parliament on a range of themes. WFD’s programmes all combine work with parliaments, the institutions that support parliaments and civil society organisations that interact with parliaments. The programmes generally aim to enhance and strengthen the oversight and legislative roles of parliament.
Main Purpose of the Role:
WFD is looking for an experienced Programme Coordinator based in Rabat to drive the delivery of its Programme in Morocco funded by the UK Embassy. The role aims to ensure smooth delivery of the planned activities in order to produce the expected results (outputs). The Programme Coordinator, Rabat will be responsible for the implementation of the programme in line with the implementation plan and logical framework. The role includes responsibility for preparation of activities, ensuring a high level of quality in delivery, and efficient follow-up including keeping track of finances (expenditure, cash flow, forecasting and reporting). The Programme Coordinator will also support the Country Representative on the strategic development of the programme, stakeholder management, M&E and reporting relating to the programme.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to Masters Degree level in a relevant discipline such as Project management, International Development, political science, Law and International relations
• Thorough knowledge of the political environment and institutions in Morocco, combined with an understanding of the challenges of democracy building in the MENA region
• Knowledge and understanding the following areas of expertise: Parliament and legislative process in particular
• Able to demonstrate first-hand experience of delivering and implementing programmes, including field management experience and administrative support
• Excellent English written and oral communications skills necessary to produce proposals and reports and to present them to WFD’s Board and funders, to donors, and to local partners and other stakeholders as required
• Fluent in Arabic, written and spoken.
• Proven experience of programme monitoring and evaluation methodologies including logframes, developing case studies
• Thorough understanding of financial management, numerical competency; experience of managing budgets and financial transactions
• Administratively self-sufficient and proficient use of Microsoft products including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint
• A sound understanding of the British parliamentary and political systems
• Proven experience in parliamentary strengthening or related democracy development work (also – relevant specialised knowledge and experience in research methodology is desired)
HOW TO APPLY:
For full details of the role criteria and instructions for how to apply for this position, please visit WFD website at:
The deadline for receiving applications is 23:59 (GMT) 14th June 2017.
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.