Official Job Title: Personal Assistant to Representative Duty Station: Rabat-Morocco
Grade (Classified) GS-6
Post Type: 2 months
1. Organizational Location
The Personal Assistant (PA) to the Representative is located in Country Offices (CO) and reports to the Representative.
2. Job Purpose
The PA provides senior level communications, administrative and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. The PA also provides organizational functions to the CO in terms of: providing effective communications support; ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and management; providing logistical support; and coordinating the secretarial services.
3. Major Activities/Expected Results
• Ensures optimal communication flows between the Representative and the staff of the CO, as well as external counterparts, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication.
• Logs and routes incoming documents from the Representative to the CO staff for action; reviews and ensures conformity to UNFPA’s guidelines and procedures of all outgoing correspondences and submits for the Representative’s signature.
• Drafts non-substantive correspondence, takes dictations and types correspondence, documents and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation, and format are correct; and in consultation with other CO personnel responds to requests for information, which may be of a confidential nature, in a timely, discrete and accurate manner.
• Researches files, collects requested information, and organizes material to meet the Representative’s needs. This includes preparation of information and/ or briefs, summaries and background documentation required by the Representative for all official missions and special meetings.
• Assembles briefing materials and prepares powerpoints and other presentations including computer generated visuals such as graphs. Undertakes logistical administrative, and financial arrangements in consultation with the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, for meetings and workshops organized by the Representative’s Office.
• Sets up and monitors the filing system and a follow-up system for the CO. Organizes and maintains the filing system for the Representative’s Office. Maintains up-to-date electronic mailing lists.
• Briefs and trains new secretaries, gives guidance to other secretaries on office procedures and coordinates the secretarial services of the CO, distributing special assignments to the secretaries.
• Responsible for protocol matters. Manages the Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings. Receives high-ranking visitors/officials. Takes minutes and/ or notes as required, and answers and screens calls with tact and discretion.
• Makes travel arrangements for the Representative. Monitors the budget of the Representative’s Office, sets up and manages administrative files on the Representative’s mission travel, mission reports, administers’ the Representative’s leave attendance, and coordinates the preparation and updating of the Representative’s travel plans.
• Assists in the preparation and finalization of the CO Office Management Plan. Prepares information translations, and may act as interpreter as required.
4. Work Relations
Internal contacts include other secretaries in the CO, the Deputy Representative, the Assistant Representative, members of the CO’s programme/technical support team, the Operations Manager/ Operations Specialist, and members of the CO’s administrative support team, HQ, RO’s and SROs to resolve policy and procedural issues and region specific issues.
External partners include project implementation partners of the CO, and academic institatuions’ professional societies, NGOs, IGOs, and libraries and databases for research assistance.
5. Job Requirements
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Six years of relevant experience in administration.
• Some experience in research assistance.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Core Competencies: See the Diagram Below
• Logistic support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and workflow
• Planning, organizing and mult-tasking
• Managing financial processes
• Job knowledge/technical expertise
Fluency in oral and written French and Arabic; proficiency in English required.
DEPOT DE CANDIDATURE:
Les candidat(e)s intéressé(e)s voudront bien consulter les sites www.un.org.ma et www.tanmia.ma pour une description complète du poste, et adresser au plus tard le 12 avril 2015, une lettre de candidature indiquant le titre du poste, dans une enveloppe marquée « CONFIDENTIEL » à l’attention de Mme Aicha Yamani à l’adresse suivante : UNFPA, 13 Avenue Ahmed Balafrej, Sousissi – Rabat ou sur l’adresse électronique : [email protected] Cette lettre devra obligatoirement être accompagnée du formulaire P11 rempli, d’un Curriculum Vitae détaillé ainsi que trois lettres de recommandations.
Seules les candidatures répondant aux critères du poste seront prises en considération.